American serama thread!

Thank you.
I'm now also raising a large breed. What is the large breed?? I also have something new.
Quite the contrast.
Something new He is even bigger now.
aabigandlitt;le.jpg

Update on my tiny pair.

aaamomoneggs.jpg

Day 17-the eggs are hatching. Externally pipped and loud chirping; lots of clucking from the mom. I'm like a kid in that I'm so excited. 50 years of raising birds and I still get all goofy when new babies arrive. Wish me luck. I'm hoping for all six to hatch. AND ONLY DAY 17!!!!!! My eggs have always taken 20 days to hatch.

The little black rooster has grown one small rooster curled tail feather. I'd show picture but I do not think it would show up much if at all.

Last edited:
Update on my tiny pair.

View attachment 1683896

Day 17-the eggs are hatching. Externally pipped and loud chirping; lots of clucking from the mom. I'm like a kid in that I'm so excited. 50 years of raising birds and I still get all goofy when new babies arrive. Wish me luck. I'm hoping for all six to hatch. AND ONLY DAY 17!!!!!! My eggs have always taken 20 days to hatch.

The little black rooster has grown one small rooster curled tail feather. I'd show picture but I do not think it would show up much if at all.

:clap good luck! Day 17 is quite a bit early. Any idea why?

:clap good luck! Day 17 is quite a bit early. Any idea why?
Years ago I read that smaller serama eggs hatched earlier; as early as 15 days. I doubted this, it it would appear it is correct. I made sure to mark the first day of brooding on the calendar; I even asked my wife what day it was even though I knew-No mistake 17days.

This is my first time dealing with microserama.

Back
Top Bottom