American serama thread!

I Get My Bragg Vinegar At My Kroger Store In The Organic Food Section So Probably Any Lg. Chain Grocery Store Should Have It. I Do Not Think There Are Many Organic Vinegar Brands.

How cool
smile.png
there is so much to know about these little birds they are just fascinating to me!! Every little bit of advise helps and I never ever underestimate what others say, there are so many helpful tricks out there, that my just be the cure for what is upsetting our bird!! I am currently trying to remedy a problem!! I have a hen who used to lay great eggs hard and she is a great mom, but now she had layed a few soft ones and ate them before i could get to them, and now that they are hard again she is still porking out on them!! She is the one hen that i do need in my project, i need her eggs
P1050761.jpg

I was given one idea that i am going to try, sounds great, just hope she doesn't like hot sauce!! and ideas are appreciated!!

I can't say for sure about chickens, but I know other birds have no sense of taste for heat they simply can't taste it. My African Grey Parrot eats pepper flakes...and likes them! That is also why the "hot seed" works for wild birds. Squirrels can't take the heat and leave the seeds to the birds that don't care. Hope you are able to find a solution! Wish I had a good fix.
idunno.gif

BUMMER!!! I was hoping to fill one with tapatio !! sooooooo can i use a few golf balls, or fill a few eggs with something hard that they cant crack!! soooo maybe lime juice inside of the tapatio!!???? what a bummer, so does this mean i need to sit behind her with a catching mitt waiting for her to push one out
sad.png
OK i am going to go to google

Quote:
Hmmmm, did not know about the lime juice or the banana...Thanks, that's very helpful info!
smile.png

X2

X3......Got to add that to my list of natural remedies. I have tylan on hand but never plan to use it unless necessary, all I have been using in my flock are; apple cider vinegar, dice garlic & pumkin seeds, DE and cayenne pepper along with purina nutri-blend green/gold as feed and they are all healthy chickies. So far no fatality from illnesses and diseases except for a few from preditors.
wink.png
big_smile.png
Btw, where can I get baytril???? I might need to have it on hand just in case of emergency break glass situation!!!
lol.png

Quote:
X2

X3......Got to add that to my list of natural remedies. I have tylan on hand but never plan to use it unless necessary, all I have been using in my flock are; apple cider vinegar, dice garlic & pumkin seeds, DE and cayenne pepper along with purina nutri-blend green/gold as feed and they are all healthy chickies. So far no fatality from illnesses and diseases except for a few from preditors.
wink.png
big_smile.png
Btw, where can I get baytril???? I might need to have it on hand just in case of emergency break glass situation!!!
lol.png

You need to get it from a vet!! MEXICO, i think you may be able to get it online but i am not sure!!

Back
Top Bottom