American serama thread!

Quote:
First make sure those birds are quarantined away from all other poultry.
Are any of them wheezing, sneezing or gasping? If so, you may have a respiratory illness instead of an eye infection.

Scrambled eggs is something that mine love and has lots of good protein for them.
Good luck but very sad to have that happen.

just want to share my bathing of my pair, they were so relaxed they went to sleep in the towel and didn't mind the blow dryer

file-56.jpg

file-55.jpg

do seramas not like roosts?? these two ignore it completely

we have not seen any nasal discharge, weezing,sneezing or gasping yet. If we are lucky it is a injury, could be something as simple as a piece of sawdust. There are in the quarantine room i keep my show birds in. If I dont see any improvement in the next 24 hours I plan on having cultures done monday.

Quote:
He is soooo pretty. Thank goodness it was nothing serious. I also got a patchwork quilt hatch.........so many different color combos. That is why I am hatching more eggs from this trio to see if there is any consistency at all.https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/62617_cimg5314.jpg

Your boyz are handsome Brenda....I like the cocopop colored ones best.
wink.png
Did you mark the eggs to see who throw what for you from your trio???

So precious! Tell Capri's sister hello for me
smile.png
My 2 girls don't use the perch I have in their cage. It was funny , when I first got them, Capri got up on it a couple of times but little Isis (silkied) couldn't get up there so she hollered until Capri got down. Now neither one of them ever use it!
Quote:

franciscreek, it looks like some type of infection, there are so many that affect the eyes! I hope it's nothing too serious and he's just gotten hurt, but honestly it does look like a disease of some sort. Especially with all the swelling.

Back
Top Bottom