American serama thread!

goodpost.gif

So this is the Year we been hard at work trying to come up with a new color . Later today in the morning I will show my new color off ...

Have you ever seen a Serama with the same color as a bob white Quail ?

Well I now can say that I have . I will have lots of pics to show what one looks like . Hope I don't disappoint anyone with the pics of our new creation .
fl.gif

I'm still thinking of letting this pullet go or keep ? She is going to be awesome ...

Ken, you can send me this pullet and if you haven't tried Jerry's gumbo recipe with the roo that struts around with his wings forward, you can stick him in the box with her...lolol

All joking aside she looks like she's gonna be a stunner and the BBR roo is to die for!!

there is no reason to go around killing wildlife for our failure to protect our animals . learn from it and fix the entry point is all we need to do . killing wildlife does two things: 1. reduces the population (that may seem acceptable to some who only care for their own animals) and 2. opens up resources and territory for others ultimately increasing their success and population. We cannot win this war until they or we are all dead. Don't provide them with an easy meal in a difficult world and you can enjoy them for what they are. Being responsible caretakers of our livestock is our job. Wild things are merely trying to survive.

True but....... have seen coons get into pens that look like fort Knox. A coon will kill for pleasure. That's a fact. Also a 400 or 500 pair is something I tend to protect. My serama are like my babies or children. Here in Oklahoma they hunt them. I don't but anything threatens my birds. They are toast.

Look at the picture that LASeramas posted then look at the standard of perfect and you should be able to make a determination if this bird is show quality or not. Excellent learning experience and opportunity to compare your bird with the standard drawing. Don't be afraid to ask specific questions.

Nice bird, Ken!
Hi Everyone!!! I am a proud new owner of 3 month old Serama. Well i just wanted to ask a quick question. So I know very little about the Serama breed and i was just wondering how do these little guys pose the way they do. Do you train them to do so or does it just come naturally to them or is it just about quality. My Serama is suppose to be SQ (according to my breeder). I don't show my birds, but I just like having good looking birds. He had a couple of very good looking adult Seramas with the full breast and everything, but i really wanted to get a cockerel so it can be about the same age of the rest of my flock. So back to the question, my Serama does not pose like that yet. At around what age do they start to pose and have that really appealing look. Here is a picture of my 3 month old Serama that cost me $25, good buy??

Oh yea and could this be a BBR also is it true that the short legs is a lethal trait??

True but....... have seen coons get into pens that look like fort Knox. A coon will kill for pleasure. That's a fact. Also a 400 or 500 pair is something I tend to protect. My serama are like my babies or children. Here in Oklahoma they hunt them. I don't but anything threatens my birds. They are toast.

I don't want to argue here but I think an education is in order . Animals do not kill for pleasure that is a completely human construct and also probably wrong . Animals that kill more than they can eat at one setting are engaged in what is known as surplus killing . This is completely natural behavior that is triggered by an uncertainty of a next meal and is natures way of providing for hard times . Kill when you can and cache the left over for later. There is no pleasure or joy or other silly anthropomorphisms involved, they are just trying to survive. Responsibly protect your flock by building a predator proof coop.

Look at the picture that LASeramas posted then look at the standard of perfect and you should be able to make a determination if this bird is show quality or not. Excellent learning experience and opportunity to compare your bird with the standard drawing. Don't be afraid to ask specific questions.

Nice bird, Ken!

Your too kind Kate ... Your birds are to die for love the color and type on your birds as well...
thumbsup.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom