American serama thread!

Duster is about 4 months old? I'd wait a couple months to see how he filld out, and then post a photo of a side view. The 3/4 front pic can hide a long back. I like Chainsaw. Pretty head, fairly correct wheaten color, and if he were posing, I imagine that his wings would present more vertically. Can't see his legs very well, but they look dark. The offspring's legs are good and yellow, so maybe it's just the shadow? I don't like the curve of his main sickles, but that's really minor fault. I like stripe better than her mother, but that's only because her tail appears more fanned out. They both have long backs, and they're more banana shaped. They look like they have decent wing length, though. In general, I like the boys better than the girls, which is a shame, because it's much easier to find good males for sale. RedRooster Seramas is in Washington. Try contacting her to see if she has anything you might be able to use.
4.5 mos. Stripe just laid her first egg today. Thanks that's the plan, gotta let him fill out. He's got a really nice quiet crow- not like his dad. They're really just pets but I do want to get better quality birds. When Chainsaw stands in a pose for his girls his wings are quite straight vertical but it's hard to catch in a photo and even then he's still pretty tall and straight in the neck - no S shape. I've always been a bit disappointed in the length of the necks,and the forward position of them, I assume this is what is meant by banana shaped. And yes they are long backed. The one good hen I have is non reproductive and I paid a lot for her with shipping and all .
Thanks for the tip , I think I tried them before will again but I've been thinking of bringing in some OC or Jerry's for new blood.
Unfortunately I'm limited to 8 with the local ordinances and I'm lucky I can even have a rooster, much less two, one will have to go or I may replace them both .It'll be a sad day

diornisextant, I LOVE your avatar! That's awesome!

Does anybody please know how much Sigrid's Sarama color book costs from Jerry's? I get quite confused with the genetics info being tossed about, but really want to understand. Mostly because I am unfamiliar with chicken color names and can't picture it.. Does the book really have a lot of picture examples?

Thanks!

Thank you, I hope they will be nice! I'm really excited to finally be giving it my first shot!
I just got my first set of eggs as well. I got mine off of ebay also from Louisiana and her birds were beautiful. I also got some from Georiga as well. I have 26 in the incubator right now. I am so excited and hope I have a good hatch with the little guys.

Thank you, I was wondering the price in the USA. Nice link there showing some of the pages! Just what I think I want!
Last I heard they were sold out but considering printing more. Price goes up each year. At last year's Ohio National they were $135

Back
Top Bottom