Americana or something else?

Cherokeerainbow

Songster
10 Years
Jul 23, 2009
Turner, Maine
I am in desperate need of a white Americana/Easter egger as I lost my 13 wk old yesterday, and she/he was promised already...
I have a very nice lady who has offered me this bird (trade or cash)... Hen is a year old
hit.gif
... I don't think it will work, but, I thought I should try.....
ONLY.......... UM? This hen doesn't look like any EE bird I've seen....no beard either...
HELP, now I'm REALLY confused!!!
Here she is....

37446_100_9171.jpg

SEE WHY I'M CONFUSED??
This is what they usually look like

37446_ee_pullet.jpg

On the EE side... her leggs are green. She is some sort of cross and may lay tinted eggs. How much is she asking? I have never seen a pure white EE. :S New to me.

wasn't sure if they were green legs or mud from all the rain we got....

I ordered 12 from ideal and Robert/Roberta was the prettiest all snow white!!!

Like all my ideal birds that began dropping like flies at 10-12 wks, he/she looked a bit puffy in the am, so I brought him in the house and began care...he/she was gone by the evening.... been eating just the day before...
the previous ideal order was for 15 birds (1 month before this order) I lost all but 4.
My other coops downstairs contain the birds I hatched and bred...out of 25, I've only lost 1....in a YEAR!

Yeah I imagine with you living up there they could get chilled on the ride
sad.png
Sad to have them die. I am hoping for some good weather for my shipdate and I live here in Tx.

I love that EE in the picture. I wonder what her egg color will be!

@# wait 10-12 weeks dropping like flys?? what happened? should I be worried?

Last edited:
EE. You don't often find EE's that are white, but they do exist. We once had two, but they erm died. Anyway - They don't have to have beards like you see in photos.

I love that EE in the picture. I wonder what her egg color will be!

@# wait 10-12 weeks dropping like flys?? what happened? should I be worried?

The nice Lady told me she laid a brown egg, she thinks...is not sure.

I placed my first order for 8 Langshans, 3 RIR, and 3 BR, at the beginning of October (still very warm out)...when they were 6 weeks old I placed my second order of Easter Eggers and silkies.... (still plenty warm out, no chills) Everyone had arrived active and healthy. But, by the time my first order hit about 10 weeks, they started to die (on a tuesday) the only Vet here, only sees poultry on Mondays... she left me a message with several things to try, which I did religiously, to no avail. By the time I got to see her, I only had 4 left (only 1 Langshan survived). I brought the vet my remaining birds and the recently passed... I was told she could do an autopsy ect. but it cost quite a bit and her best guess was that they were just a weak hatch (after reviewing all of my feeding, water, and bio safety measures) Ideal pretty much told me there was nothing they could do. They don't guarentee ect ect... By that time I had already recieved my last order...So far I've lost one red silkie (who never really grew, very small) and 2 EE.
BTW the str run was 50% each sex for the EE's.
I'm sticking with local breeders as this was devastating to me...​

Wow. Sounds shifty to me. I sure hope mine do ok. I didn't order many so the thought of a bunch or all of them not surviving long does not sit well at all. The fact that you ordered two different times really worries me.

Especailly since you have hatched out your own with no problems!! Yikes!
barnie.gif

We have pure white EE..or she is when she's not covered in mud
lol.png
mine lays a deep mint green. I personally wouldn't have an EE that laid brown eggs unless I just had to have her then it would go to my layer only pen and not called and EE but a Designer Cluck
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom