Americano Blue's musher/mushing chat thread

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Americano Blue, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Distance

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. sprint

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Rec

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. Other

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    I like Hawk, Hank, Bunco and some others. Rosco was the name of a dog I knew once. I think it was a girl though. Iusually have 1 symbol names for some reason.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    Most sled dogs are happy on a 6 ft to 12 ft chain if they get worked. I do agility in summer when its too hot, plus short walks on a leash. Dont do long walks in summer since they are a northern bree and over heat. If you have any questions on the "breed", let me know. I am happy to awser them. I would keep it on a chain or in a fenced yard during calving because most alsk have wolf in them. I think Meringue has coyote. Also they neeed a friend. Sled dogs are ususally kept in a group so packs are important to them. I can help you find a breeder if you want.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  3. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    Also the word husky means any northern dog bred for pulling.

4. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    If younhave any questions on the breed i will be happy to answer them. Also i woulnt let it run around . It needs to be on a chain or in a fenced kennel. Like all husky breeds, they like to run off.

5. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    I can also help find a breeder.

6. SternRose

SternRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Training my dogs
    My Coop
    If your willing to drive down here, I'll sell you the pups for $100-$150. Pyro and pydro, a going to be lean, fast running machines! Pyro looks great for lead. He's got the personality.

7. charnic44

charnic44 Chillin' With My Peeps

My mom says they it isn't fair that the dog has to be tied/locked up all the time. Even though I told her I would be working with the dogs at least 30 mins before school and then 2-3 + hours after school. I told her that they have to be tied up or in a kennel but she said it isn't fair that the dog is tied up its whole life.

Apparently my mom doesn't understand that they like running off.

That would be helpful. There's a teacher at my school who has mushed before and helped take care of a large kennel for a summer. She is going to help me (not quite mentor me as she doesn't have any dogs (that I know of) but she is basically gonna teach me everything she can.

I really like Pyro. Where are you? What state, to be less creepy... :lol:

8. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    The dogs are only tied when they arent running. Sled dogs aren't pets, their work animals. I understand thats really hard to understand at first.

9. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    I'm on it.

10. charnic44

charnic44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah. I'm gonna talk to my mom more tonight.

Okay, thanks. Also, if you find a breeder but they don't have any pups for sale, I have a lab that could be bred to a stud dog. I've looked all over the internet for breeders in my area but I haven't had any luck. There are a few clubs around but on the information page about the members, most only do skijoring and only have 1-2 dogs. :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by