Americano Blue's musher/mushing chat thread

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Americano Blue, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Distance

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. sprint

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Rec

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. Other

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    i know people lol. I can help. Also shelter dogs work well.

2. charnic44

charnic44 Chillin' With My Peeps

:) I might get a shelter dog but would want a pup so I know it doesn't have any bad habits/problems.

3. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    Cindy, my lab, was a shelter dog and now she runs lead, swing, team, wheel, does therapy work, agility, showing, obedience and the list goes on.

4. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    Ok Charnic44, Sled Dog Central has a list of mentors in MT. I don't know how close you are to ID or WY but you could check there as well.

5. RezChamp

RezChamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi ladies.
    Been sick. Still am. Read over all msgs. Not meaning to stick my nose in on ??? but it's open forum so......

First, HAPPY kinda B-DAY to pups. Hank is a derivative of Henry of Germanic origins Heinrich meaning "name of kings" and/or "to be king".
    Good name. My grampa's name, mine too. My second given name actually.
    I hope SternRose gets to keep him.

2nd,,,, Wolves are actually born with an innate knowledge to kill to eat. It is re-enforced by life's lessons living in the harsh reality of the natural world.
    In our human "un-natural world of illusion a dogs killer instinct is not tempered by true hunger. It goes hidden and buried until whenever whatever triggers it and it goes savage(an English bastardization[French-unsavage meaning one with nature]used to describe a act of unthinking abandonment). In reality dogs are worse for killing than wolves simply because they kill just for killing's sake.

I applaud your thinking about adopting a shelter dog. At least he or she will get a good home.

I absolutely believe you.

Yup.. Labs were most definitely not bred to be stupid.

6. RezChamp

RezChamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Like I said young lady, my personal pick would be Hank and Hadlee..:D

7. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    i would like to have a team of Alaskans and Labs since i want to do a bit of sprint and mid distance.

8. SternRose

SternRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Training my dogs
    My Coop
    Yeah, Hanks "the Hulk" puppy, he weights atleast 5lbs, and bull Dozer weights about 4.5lbs while the rest are 2-3lbs, lol. I love my heavy weights. Lol.
    I have Hank pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's just a few.. Lol

9. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    If he is "The Hulk" as in strong and big as in muscle, he sounds like a wheel dog

10. SternRose

SternRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Training my dogs
    My Coop
    Yep! That's what my plan is for him. Bull dozer( hence the name) is also wheel dog type. The other "semi heavy weight" is pydro. He's probly around 4lbs. He's bulky and strong. The other 3 (hadlee, pyro and bear) are team, lead/swing type dogs. Long, lean, smart. Kinda stubborn, but it's a stubborn were they don't need a leadr, there fine with leading. Hadlee's full of energy. OMG! She can sprint!! Bear is a 2.5lber I think. Lol, bulky but lean. Then pyro, lean, smart, strong but is not strong with leading, but he'll do it. The heavy weights eat first, hadlee eats after them then the last two eat last. Lol.
    I love these guys! Hadley's going to a pet/hunting home. Bears going to a pet home. And the rest are still for sale.
    This past few weeks(3month ish[​IMG]) I've been strong headed and "rude" to my parents. We're fighting 10times a day.
    Reason is, dad hates the pups, I think I cought him drink bud light, he's stressed about Christmas
    Mom is stressed because, Christmas, job and my grades.
    Me because, my puppy I want might not stay, my parents are pressuring me about finals, my rabbitry is being threted. My crush is moving to a new house in feb, and were good friends, but he lost his phone( personl things I can't share) also he can't text me, he's a guy so we can't hang out, he's dating another girl([​IMG]) he's in 8th grade I'm in 9th. Urg!! My life sucks!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by