Amers d’Anvers

Pics
It would be cool to have some d’Anvers discussions on here, so I’ll start by sharing pictures of my birds.
I always wanted blues and cuckoos, so I got some last year, but I’ve been raising quails for two years, which isn’t a really long time, but right now my efforts are being realized in show wins because the parents, while not very good themselves, had all of the genetics necessary to produce excellent offspring.
I’m breeding to the SOP.
I’ll show the parents later. (Except Ziggy, since she’s pictured here.) Currently not many blue and cuckoo pics because they are younger.View attachment 2366281 A lavender blue chick (he popped up among the blues and splashes, and a blue chick. I just liked the posing here.)View attachment 2366282 Cuckoo boys as chicks. They’re really cute and friendly compared to my other varieties throughout their lives.View attachment 2366283 Little fledglings.View attachment 2366284View attachment 2366285 Ziggy, cuckoo hen. I bred her with a black to produce single-factor cuckoo boys. Her comb got bitten in the middle, so it looks really weird. I’m breeding her to a Dominique for the silver gene and clearer barring because cuckoos tend to be washed up, and the cockerels always show brass because they’re so diluted.View attachment 2366286Stripes, Ziggy’s son. I need to get a more recent picture. He has super nice type but terrible color and brassiness.View attachment 2366287 Queeny, a quail pullet. She’s my favorite because of her posing abilities and friendliness. Excellent type.View attachment 2366288View attachment 2366289View attachment 2366290View attachment 2366291Queeny at a show.View attachment 2366292 Praline at a show.View attachment 2366293Monkey at a show. She got reserve champion RCCL in Junior.View attachment 2366294Monkey, or Chunky Monkey (she has slightly looser feathers so she looks chubby.) has fabulously sharp lacing, but her type isn’t as good as Queeny’s. And I think her eyes are smaller and less cute.View attachment 2366295View attachment 2366296View attachment 2366297 burritoView attachment 2366298Queeny. Her lacing looks good in this picture, and it is good, but Monkey’s is better IRL.View attachment 2366299Praline.View attachment 2366300View attachment 2366301The older blue cockerel. I still haven’t chosen which I like better yet.

I AM I LOVE WITH YOUR BIRDS. Where can i get show quality ones that aren't quail. i live in FL an can't find any. :(

Back
Top Bottom