Amish Country pics....Ohio

sunbury chick

Songster
11 Years
May 14, 2008
Sunbury,Ohio
Here are some pics we took in Holmes County, in Ohio... Very beautiful places ,
Berlin,Sugar Creek,Charm,.The Amish live simple lives.Hard,but simple.... These are great places to visit and shop.
4bee6bf3.jpg

[
1973fc8e.jpg

[
d535b5eb.jpg

[i
39d3fbcf.jpg

I love the Amish. Sometimes it seems like life would be easier in some ways!
I will say, that school building is probably built better than parts of my house (all the parts that I haven't seen rebuilt by DH)

Thank you so much for sharing those pics. Also, thank you for not showing their faces, very considerate of you. It really amazes me that they still work as they do!

Simple is good.

I had a thought the other day. It seems that through technological advances the human species has managed to make "his" life so miserable that it becomes desirous to medicate with drugs and alcohol in an attempt to nullify the pain.
Work hard, live simply and as close to nature as possible. I bet that is the secret to a happy life.

My sister and BIL live in Bowling Green Kentucky, Mennenite country. He drives for UPS and got his UPS truck stuck in the mud, right up to the axles,delivering to some. They hooked 2 big horses up and they pulled it right out. Beautiful country.

We did some work in Hardin County over the summer. I loved watching the Amish over there. They tore down a house in about two weeks, all by hand...hauled it away, too. And it's fun to go to the Amish livestock auctions, if you haven't, try going to the Danville auction sometime,, there's a few others also.

Thank you for sharing, I've been in the Amish country in MO...
And here where I live are Minnonites...this branch is more 'modern' than some. They raise wonderful produce...in fact of their crops is famous....it's called Esau's Corn....you will not find better! uhmmm....
They sold watermelons this year too, and they were wonderful!
big_smile.png

after Ivan we had a group of meninites come down and work with us for about 6 months.. We all cooked three meals a day in the kitchen working together.. it was awsome. You know how it goes with a kitchen full of ladies.. we had sooooo much fun.

It was sad to see them go.

Back
Top Bottom