Ammo Display At the Bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beatdeadhorse5.gif

Beating_a_Dead_Horse1.gif

deadhorse.gif

beating_a_dead_horse1.gif

Last edited:
What was a rather humorous observation has turned into a thread of fairly narrow minded chatter and angst. Let it go! If you can't say something nice don't say anything. I have read what I think are all of the books by Betty McDonald. They are a fascinating look in to a time period, and into small town life. The books are hard to find, but are still a great read. If things that are written here remind you a little too much of yourself then laugh. We need to find things about ourselves to laugh about.

LauraJean doesn't seem to be belittling small town life, as much as simple remarking on its rather interesting charms. IMHO I lived in towns like this and lived in large cities. We can always find humor in our environment. If you can't find the humor, start your own thread about "How nothing is funny anymore", and "How other people tick you off". The fastest way to bury a thread you don't like is to not respond. The pace here is fast things will bury very quickly, if you don't like it. If of course I love the thread just keep posting it will soon become the most popular thread around. Negative movie reviews make block buster movies.

If you look for people or things to hurt your feelings, your feelings will always be hurt. The same true if you look for the good you will find good. Only look for what you are willing to live with. Everything we say or do becomes part of the world we make. I choose to make mine happier.
tongue2.gif

Living in palaces isn't what it's cracked up to be. There is no privacy. You don't get to have chickens, and other really cool pets. You also have to armed guards when living in palaces, because other people might want to hurt you, even if you are beloved by the people. I would much rather live in a nice comfortable modest home than a palace. But I don't think that I am quite ready for a mud hut. I would rather have a fairly spacious cabin with a wraparound porch and a chef’s kitchen, on private acreage, with Hi-speed internet access, a fabulous chicken coop, goats, and llamas. Of course my dogs and cats would have to be there, and I want to grow walnut trees. Oh I am going to need really great neighbors and more kids. As long as I am wishing I want it to be 82 degrees with a light breeze year round. I'm not asking for much am I?
gig.gif
Wouldn’t it be great if that was the best anyone could have, and that others could have clean water and education with the difference.

Having worked for 5 years in a bank, the original story is just plain funny. It wouldn’t matter where it happened.

Quote:
Thank you very much, that's kind. I appreciate your support and also to others who have agreed & understood my intentions.
hugs.gif

That's what I'll never understand...as long as a person is oohhing and aahhing and going "oh you poor thing" it's fine to post a comment about a thread....but heaven forbid that someone comes on and posts and doesn't agree and then we aren't being supportive? Sorry I won't be supportive of someone who seems like they definately have the "poor me, they don't like me mentality" and doesn't and probably never will admit that maybe, just maybe she might be partially responsible for some of the issue. If you're not prepared for comments that don't agree with you then maybe a public forum isn't the place for you to post.

Quote:
I don't really want to engage in this absurdity, but for the record I must say that my "continual whining" has been twice. Once when a poster made a remark about me not having a husband, when my own has died, yeah, that was hurtful. And the other time was above, on this thread when someone said "Don't take this the wrong way but.... " when there was no other way to take it, which quite frankly is rather passive aggressive. So yeah, those two things bothered me. Other people have periodically posted disagreeing thoughts to my stories, to which I have neither complained nor responded. Actually, I've protested (or "whined" as you put it) much less than most of you who are objecting to my posts.

And, by the way, I have repeatedly tried to talk to my neighbors and discuss this and try and clear up the rumors, and they all refuse. So that is not "doing nothing about it".

So now, can we all just agree to disagree and move on with this silliness? I understand and genuinely respect that not all of you like my posts, and you in turn, will hopefully allow me to carry on with the people who do enjoy my humor.

LauraJean I must have missed the whining part of your posts. The rest of your story is much more entertaining to read. Hang in there girl. I hope that we all don't have to bash you, or try to fix you. I just can't see you as broken. And some days we all need to vent about nasty, and rude people that cross our paths. If thats whining then oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom