Ammo Display At the Bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there should be a fix LauraJean thread. I know that she wasn't asking to be fixed here on this thread.

Quote:
I totally agree. Start a Fix Laura thread with my blessing. Discuss all that I should be doing that I haven't yet tried, question my authenticity and whether I am embellishing my posts, or if I am bitter, or the nerve I have in thinking that an ammo display in a bank is funny. Bond on the things that none of you have ever done, and be sure not to include any humor that could be offensive to others or they might just hijack your post and dissect your motives and character. Do that. Pretend you all just moved into a new town, way out in the middle of nowhere, and are alone and nervous, but optimistic. Pretend that you trustingly try to make friends with neighbors who act nice but then decide you're "a little too nice" and so start creating rumors about your due to their own insecurities. Now these neighbors of yours outright reject you for no reason that you can think of, and start hateful rumors about you. Now sit with that for a while, and then try to "talk to them about it" and work it out, and have them reject you again, saying they don't like outsiders coming into town and that being a single woman living in her own house is "not right". Then turn to a message board where you attempt to laugh off the pain and have some fun with it all, because what are you going to do instead, cry every day? Now pretend most people think your stories of their behavior is pretty laughable, and you start to feel better, knowing you aren't crazy, and these neighbors really are just being unfair.

Then factor in a bunch of others who chime in that "you must have done something to deserve it" or "how dare you mock your small town" (even though they've never stepped foot in said town or met said neighbors) or that you're just "looking for pity", even though all you've done is crack jokes and try to make light of it all. Now feel judged not once, but twice, and don't forget to know in your heart that you never did anything wrong to any of these people.

THEN, by all means, when you've walked in my shoes and experienced what I have and how I've been treated in a new town that I hoped and dreamed of having as my new "home town" when I bought my first house, which I never expected would be alone.... then start a Fix Laurajean thread, please. But leave me to my small town thread and my humor and to those who happen to appreciate it, which judging by the number of PM's I've received, is more than I even knew.

Fix away, but I refuse to stop laughing at life's absurdities.

I lived in a small town for 5 years, and everyone knew everyone else and all their business. We had a flood there one year and the news crews had to have gone out of their way to find the ONE drunk, toothless, dirty old man in the town. We were all horrifed and bought him enough E&J to keep him home and away from the cameras til they left. THAT is coming together
lol.png

Quote:
I totally agree. Start a Fix Laura thread with my blessing. Discuss all that I should be doing that I haven't yet tried, question my authenticity and whether I am embellishing my posts, or if I am bitter, or the nerve I have in thinking that an ammo display in a bank is funny. Bond on the things that none of you have ever done, and be sure not to include any humor that could be offensive to others or they might just hijack your post and dissect your motives and character. Do that. Pretend you all just moved into a new town, way out in the middle of nowhere, and are alone and nervous, but optimistic. Pretend that you trustingly try to make friends with neighbors who act nice but then decide you're "a little too nice" and so start creating rumors about your due to their own insecurities. Now these neighbors of yours outright reject you for no reason that you can think of, and start hateful rumors about you. Now sit with that for a while, and then try to "talk to them about it" and work it out, and have them reject you again, saying they don't like outsiders coming into town and that being a single woman living in her own house is "not right". Then turn to a message board where you attempt to laugh off the pain and have some fun with it all, because what are you going to do instead, cry every day? Now pretend most people think your stories of their behavior is pretty laughable, and you start to feel better, knowing you aren't crazy, and these neighbors really are just being unfair.

Then factor in a bunch of others who chime in that "you must have done something to deserve it" or "how dare you mock your small town" (even though they've never stepped foot in said town or met said neighbors) or that you're just "looking for pity", even though all you've done is crack jokes and try to make light of it all. Now feel judged not once, but twice, and don't forget to know in your heart that you never did anything wrong to any of these people.

THEN, by all means, when you've walked in my shoes and experienced what I have and how I've been treated in a new town that I hoped and dreamed of having as my new "home town" when I bought my first house, which I never expected would be alone.... then start a Fix Laurajean thread, please. But leave me to my small town thread and my humor and to those who happen to appreciate it, which judging by the number of PM's I've received, is more than I even knew.

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I tend to have to agree... We have folks like that around here, move out here expecting it to be something it's not and then laugh at us and call us "inbred" and other such things for not being like them. Then moan and groan and carry on when we don't invite them over for Sunday dinner (lunch to some of y'all lol.) Not trying to pick a fight, just giving you my honest opinion.

Quote:

roll.png

Quote:
I tend to have to agree... We have folks like that around here, move out here expecting it to be something it's not and then laugh at us and call us "inbred" and other such things for not being like them. Then moan and groan and carry on when we don't invite them over for Sunday dinner (lunch to some of y'all lol.) Not trying to pick a fight, just giving you my honest opinion.

I grew up in the deep woods of Maine!! More country than it is in this town by far! I'm not exactly a city slicker who doesn't understand country ways! It's just that where I'm from, country ways are good, down to earth and kind. Not cruel and malicious like these neighbors have acted.

People are grossly mislabeling this as some sort of "anti-small town" thing". If you actually read my threads, it's not that at all. It's about certain people who have been unfair to me. I suppose I should have been more politically correct in naming my thread, such as "My specific small town neighbors and my perception as to how they seem to be acting toward me, nothing against small towns." Come on. I have no problem with my neighbors "not being like me". It would just be nice if they were kind.

I've read your threads, and I believe you are laughing at them behind their backs, exactly what you don't like them doing to you... Two wrongs don't ever make a right, and you get huffy when someone calls you out on it. I know those people seem strange, but doing the very same thing they're doing doesn't help you at all. I'd just as soon someone tell me something to my face than giggle behind my back... I'm not saying go up to them and tell them you think they're crazy, but it's being a hypocrite I have a problem with, then acting like everyone's ganging up on you when they don't agree with you... I'm not picking on you, I'm just calling it how I see it. I'm sorry you don't like your town but dang.

Hey LauraJean!
I've gotten a kick out of all of your posts, I think they're a great read.
thumbsup.gif
I am starting to wonder though, if perhaps one of your neighbors has wondered onto this thread?
lol.png
idunno.gif

Keep laughing, and the world (should) laugh with you........
old.gif

I'm going to keep reading, and smiling.
big_smile.png
I'm rooting for you all the way! I grew up in a small town too, and people can be funny (haha, and weird). I think the larger picture is: No matter where you are/live, you should be able to laugh about SOMETHING! (if not, you should start looking for your hole now.....
tongue2.gif
)

hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom