Amy Winehouse found dead....

Quote:
Yep... said like a pro. Its true.

I have to tell you that the program I went to was 24 months long of living there. Then another 12 months of living out, having a job and returning to the facility 4 times a week for group. A person just cannot be a drug addict and live that lifestyle and recover in 30 days. There is very lengthy process of learning how to fit in with society after abusing substances for years. A person just not feel "normal" or recovered in 30 days.

And with that INTENSIVE therapy, of those that graduated, 24 people out of 120 that started, there are TWO of us still standing clean. Not great odds at all, and it shows the power that addiction CAN have over a person. However, each individual needs to put forth their BEST effort to recover, and I believe that those of us who do manage to overcome it were sincere in our desire for recovery. Court ordered rehab is just a dry out period. I believe many people addicted are addicted to more than the substance - the lifestyle as well.

Quote:
Yep... said like a pro. Its true.

I have to tell you that the program I went to was 24 months long of living there. Then another 12 months of living out, having a job and returning to the facility 4 times a week for group. A person just cannot be a drug addict and live that lifestyle and recover in 30 days. There is very lengthy process of learning how to fit in with society after abusing substances for years. A person just not feel "normal" or recovered in 30 days.

And with that INTENSIVE therapy, of those that graduated, 24 people out of 120 that started, there are TWO of us still standing clean. Not great odds at all, and it shows the power that addiction CAN have over a person. However, each individual needs to put forth their BEST effort to recover, and I believe that those of us who do manage to overcome it were sincere in our desire for recovery. Court ordered rehab is just a dry out period. I believe many people addicted are addicted to more than the substance - the lifestyle as well.

hugs.gif
You are a fine example of how to get something done even if it is hard. You have my respect.

Quote:

hugs.gif
You are a fine example of how to get something done even if it is hard. You have my respect.

Thank you!
smile.png
I can say all this proudly, because I am not dead. I am living, hard though "normal" life may be at times. The good thing is Ken has been there too and it totally ok for one of us to say "Such or such would be really good right now, but tomorrow wouldn't be if we did". It never really goes away. A situation or a memory hits you, and you think "maybe just once", and then say no. No is always the right answer. No matter what when it comes to addiction.

Quote:
hugs.gif

Thank you!
smile.png
I can say all this proudly, because I am not dead. I am living, hard though "normal" life may be at times. The good thing is Ken has been there too and it totally ok for one of us to say "Such or such would be really good right now, but tomorrow wouldn't be if we did". It never really goes away. A situation or a memory hits you, and you think "maybe just once", and then say no. No is always the right answer. No matter what when it comes to addiction.

Yep.. those feelings can still come at random times. Years and years later...
But like you said, when the demons come to visit, you can either let them in, or turn them away. The choice is yours.

Quote:
Thank you!
smile.png

But like you said, when the demons come to visit, you can either let them in, or turn them away. The choice is yours.

30 years later even. Today would have been a good day to give in, I tell ya!!!! Instead we joked our way through a DISASTER!!!! But all ended well!!!

Quote:
hugs.gif

Thank you!
smile.png

Debi is sooo right.

Quote:

30 years later even. Today would have been a good day to give in, I tell ya!!!! Instead we joked our way through a DISASTER!!!! But all ended well!!!

I hope you continue to find ways to get through the tempting moments. Joke, call a friend, or come chat with us. Do whatever keeps you on track.

Back
Top Bottom