An all white/yellow light brahma

Nicole01

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
MN
Is this pretty common? Will she(Melody) turn to be normal looking? My daughter picked her due to being so unique and not like the others.

She's a brahma for sure, her comb shows she is. She's the sweetest chick I've had yet. After two days of having her, she comes running to me as soon as I reach the brooder. Normally they don't do that until much older.

bc861a2c.jpg

Last edited:
For hatchery stock, yes. They are often paler than they should be as chicks, but s/he's pretty young and those feathers are really small, don't worry, you'll get some black showing up soon. Wheatens do the same thing whereas the feathers first start off white then go their normal color, some breeds take quite a while for the change to happen, too. Am's and Marans turn quite quickly while Shamos appear pure white and yellow for quite a while.

Hubby says I can keep the Brahma even if it's a roo as long as it doesn't crow too often or has a bad temperament!  Yay!

My cuckoo Maran is growing feathers so fast.  I've never seen a chick feather so quickly, she's even faster then my d'uccle!  My Maran is 2 weeks today and has her back pinning growing in with the chest and thigh pinning.

My Maran is very bossy to the other two.  I'm hoping she settles down.

Thank you for your advice!  I wasn't expecting new chicks this season.lol

Is this pretty common? Will she(Melody) turn to be normal looking? My daughter picked her due to being so unique and not like the others.
She's a brahma for sure, her comb shows she is. She's the sweetest chick I've had yet. After two days of having her, she comes running to me as soon as I reach the brooder. Normally they don't do that until much older.
bc861a2c.jpg

she could be a buff columbian brahma and buff cochin mix.. she seems wheaten at the e locus

Quote:
she could be a buff columbian brahma and buff cochin mix.. she seems wheaten at the e locus
Ooooh, that sounds pretty! Our frizzle was an oops color too, from a hatchery. We love the unique colors. It will be interesting to watch this little one grow. Here's my "splash" frizzle from last year. I have no clue what she's mixed with.
f034a3fb.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom