An Atrocity Absolutely No Pictures

you know I was thinking about this last night, when you say west of your property, did this attack nd slaughter happen on your homestead? or was it on shared land or something? not that it really matters but if it was your property and close to your home then i would really keep my eyes out. I dont think whoever did that is done frankly and think that it may not be the first time either. I too think you should report it this way there is a record if you ever "run" into the sicko or catch him. This way if he had to be dealt with in a manner fitting such a monster then at least the cops would know what a sicko he was. Also take pics of the dog not for us but for the cops so that they have that s evidence.

I say this because Gary I really dont think this is the end of your horror story rather maybe just the begining. What are the laws on deeling with "bad" people on your poroperty? Some states you can shoot first ask questions later where I live the laws are so messed up that I would virtually have to be under attacked to deffend myself in my home with deadly force but I am thinking your state might be more understanding.

Good luck.

BTW will any of those eggs listed be Araucanas? if so I will be bugging you again
tongue.png

Im curious to know how you knew the breed, as well. Just wondering.
======================================================
Some random thoughts....

If the unskinned head remained, and the pelt was gone, then almost for sure it was done for that pelt. While skinning a dog is not a crime that I know of, stealing a dog is.
If it was done on the property without owners consent, then trespass with malice is certainly a possibility.
If the person who did it is also the owner of the dog or the property, or connected, then a case might be made for something like animal cruelty, as well.

I'm thinking there cannot be too many Great Pyrs in your neck of the woods, either. It's not exactly a common breed out there in Salley, at least not among the locals. Makes me think the dog originated with some transplant folks. Likewise the perpetrator, you know?

It could have been a captured animal from elsewhere and that was just a handy spot to do the dirty deed. You could determine that better than any of us.

However, most such acts aren't random. A few, perhaps, but the odds don't favor it. It's highly likely the dog was local and the perpetrator is as well. Shouldn't be too hard to track down the owner of a GP in Salley, SC.

I say all that to say this: I tend to agree, too, that this isn't the end of it, but only the beginning. It could simply be some sick-a** redneck hunter crap. Something like young men full of themselves, etc.
But you gotta be pretty determined to skin a large dog. It may be a sign that something, or someone, far worse has moved into the area.

I'm not normally one for calling the sheriff, but in this case I would suggest it. Well, that and holstering up the .357 while out and about on your porperty.

Last edited:
I agree with others, that could well be the sign of a sick individual and I would definitely report it to the police.

What a horrible thing to walk up on, I cannot even imagine. Sick people... I agree, call the police and report it. Poor puppy
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom