Ancona Chicken Thread

Pics
Some fun Ancona news....

This show season we've won Champion Mediterranean at the New Hampshire Poultry Fanciers Show, Reserve Champion Large Fowl at the Little Rhody Show, and Champion Mediterranean at the Boston Expo.

It has been fun listening to all the comments and receiving judes' feedback on our stock. They're far from perfect, but they're getting there. The fact that they're rose combed has added to the brouhaha. Many have never seen the RC variety before on account of it being so rare.

Quote:
so when are you going to start to sell some day old chicks!!!

and Congratulations in all your wins
wee.gif

Quote:
so when are you going to start to sell some day old chicks!!!

and Congratulations in all your wins
wee.gif

Congratulations too...Hope im still on your list also...eliz

Quote:
I remember a post where you wrote your chickeneering interest was the Dorkings and that in keeping with a one breed per species policy you wanted to just get rid of the Anconas, but the SO liked them, so they stayed.

It's great to see they are doing well, and I wouldn't begrudge the SO a well deserved "I told you so".
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I remember a post where you wrote your chickeneering interest was the Dorkings and that in keeping with a one breed per species policy you wanted to just get rid of the Anconas, but the SO liked them, so they stayed.

It's great to see they are doing well, and I wouldn't begrudge the SO a well deserved "I told you so".
wink.png

You can say that again. Although I've also been told I can't have another breed. What's to be done?

Back
Top Bottom