Ancona duck hatch along!!! come join anyone hatching anything can join!! April/May 2014

Whaeeds are good because i am going to hatch some after i hatch these three (if they hatch) :)

Anconas and mallard if u want eggs! If u want them to hatch there own they are great mothers! Pekins are very pretty and good layers its really ir preference! I love anconas bc they look like cows and I farm so it works!! And they come in many different colors and there critically endangered!!

Last edited:
Ahahah i already have chicken eggs so i am not really interested in the egg part more for friendliness and "character" ahaha :lol:

What breeds are good because i am going to hatch some after i hatch these three (if they hatch)
smile.png

it would depend on if you want eggs or meat.. khaki campbells, welsh harlequins and pekins are good layers .. muscovys and giant pekins for meat
if you just want pretty ducks for the yard then it's just a matter of which ones have the looks that appeal to you..
as a note though.. some breeds are more high strung and flighty than others.. so again it depends on what you are looking for in a duck as to which breed to pick

There are a few hybrids bred especially for egg laying.. Golden 300s are one (up to 290 eggs a year).. being a hybrid they don't breed true.. but the offspring do seem to inherit their parent's egg laying capabilities to a good extent..

I have brooders full of ducklings at the moment.. and a bunch more eggs in the incubators

these are just a few...

the bigger ones were just in here for pics.. had to clean the big brooder so it was a good chance for a photo op.. lol

I need to take some pics of the ones that hatched out yesterday.. lol..22 more added to the family... and more eggs just pipped this afternoon...

What breeds are good because i am going to hatch some after i hatch these three (if they hatch) :)
it would depend on if you want eggs or meat.. khaki campbells, welsh harlequins and pekins are good layers .. muscovys and giant pekins for meat if you just want pretty ducks for the yard then it's just a matter of which ones have the looks that appeal to you.. as a note though.. some breeds are more high strung and flighty than others.. so again it depends on what you are looking for in a duck as to which breed to pick There are a few hybrids bred especially for egg laying.. Golden 300s are one (up to 290 eggs a year).. being a hybrid they don't breed true.. but the offspring do seem to inherit their parent's egg laying capabilities to a good extent.. I have brooders full of ducklings at the moment.. and a bunch more eggs in the incubators these are just a few... the bigger ones were just in here for pics.. had to clean the big brooder so it was a good chance for a photo op.. lol I need to take some pics of the ones that hatched out yesterday.. lol..22 more added to the family... and more eggs just pipped this afternoon...
Very cute babies!!

Last edited:
it would depend on if you want eggs or meat.. khaki campbells, welsh harlequins and pekins are good layers .. muscovys and giant pekins for meat if you just want pretty ducks for the yard then it's just a matter of which ones have the looks that appeal to you.. as a note though.. some breeds are more high strung and flighty than others.. so again it depends on what you are looking for in a duck as to which breed to pick There are a few hybrids bred especially for egg laying.. Golden 300s are one (up to 290 eggs a year).. being a hybrid they don't breed true.. but the offspring do seem to inherit their parent's egg laying capabilities to a good extent.. I have brooders full of ducklings at the moment.. and a bunch more eggs in the incubators these are just a few... the bigger ones were just in here for pics.. had to clean the big brooder so it was a good chance for a photo op.. lol I need to take some pics of the ones that hatched out yesterday.. lol..22 more added to the family... and more eggs just pipped this afternoon...
I want that brown one :D ahahahah :lol:

Quote:
the brown in the lower pics is a khaki campbell (in with anconas and cayugas)

the smaller ducklings in the other pics are swedish, khaki campbell, golden 300s (second generation), a pekin and cayugas

right now I have french white muscovy and some little mixed mallards finishing hatching .. call ducks, silky ducks, muscovy, ancona, and rouen eggs in the incubators (along with goose, peafowl, turkey, chicken and parrot eggs)

Back
Top Bottom