Ancona duck help

mlbroad

Chirping
13 Years
Jan 7, 2011
First of all thanks to everyone that gaveadvice in my last post. I am trying to get a penciled colored ancona flock. This process is very hard considering no 1 likes them. The color pattern is white with rouen mallard like patches. I have tried everything everyone has suggested this year. And from that I got 1 hen duck. Does anyone have this color pattern and if so are any 4 sale. I know this is a long process to make this color but life is short and I don't have that much time. If anyone can help me please let me know your help will be greatly appreciated.

Like this one?

Chocolate.jpg

Do you want colors like this boy? He's a cross, but I'm wondering if this is the type of color you are looking for? He's only about 6 weeks old here.

Ducklings081-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have a tricolor Ancona, mostly black with a patch of mallard-brown with the darker brown eyestripe near her eye. She's from Cackle. She also has a little crest, and her black coloring is so widespread she looks almost like a Swedish. Her temperament is so sweet, she's a daily layer, and she's always the first one to make friends with new additions to the flock. We really couldn't get along without her.

Anyhow she has that funny little mallard spot. She had two babies that looked just like her in the last hatch. They were both drakes and got rehomed, so I don't know if they showed any mallard coloring once they feathered out. But I am glad to hear about odd colors coming up in the breed, it's interesting.

Quote:
What is the gorgeous young man crossed with? Do you have recent pictures of him? He is such a beautiful color I am a little jealous!!!!

Well, his mommy was a large blue and white Magpie, gorgeous bird, and his daddy was the result of a cross between a Khaki Campbell and a Welsh Harlequin. I can even post you pictures! I have one of his sons today, marked similar, but with more white. I don't have a pure drake to use, so that is what I have... not sure who the mother is on the son I am using.

Magdeline:

springtime114.jpg

Clove (in the middle):

springtime001.jpg

GrannyCarol.....Magdeline is so dang adorable. Really gorgeous duck! Love her face. So is she the mom of the cross you posted a pic of earlier. SOOO pretty!

Back
Top Bottom