Ancona Ducks

Yeah she is on Facebook but not much else right now I don't think. Once the Facebook group popped up I noticed a lot more farms.

Lots of smaller farms that breed them and just don't have a lot of advertising out yet. Mountain berry farm is awesome too. She's got some great colors, ships, and only charges like $20 a dozen hatching eggs or something?!

I was going to buy some from her but my friend got 3 dozen eggs and all are growing so I'm just going to wait for hers to hatch, lol.

I have 2 dozen plus from mountain berry in my bator as we speak.

I have three Anconas Two chocolate/blacks and a Silver/Black ( they all come from a mixed colored flock of Anconas) The silver hens are prone to laying blue eggs.. They are going through their awkward "teenage" phase right now as i call it when they grow in their adult feathers So I'll post once they are pretty and don't look so nude. There seems to be quite a bit of Ancona breeders here in Washington state.. and once I feel comfortable I will probably join the ranks of heritage breeders here in my state.

Got a question:
Found an ad on Craigslist of someone supposedly selling Anconas for $10 in Phillips, WI. Anyone have any experience with the seller/breeder or heard anything of him? Just wondering if I should go for it since we would really like to get a pair.

Got a question:
Found an ad on Craigslist of someone supposedly selling Anconas for $10 in Phillips, WI. Anyone have any experience with the seller/breeder or heard anything of him? Just wondering if I should go for it since we would really like to get a pair.

Called and he said he first thought they're Anconas but saying now they're Swedish and magpie. Go figure!

Got a question:

Called and he said he first thought they're Anconas but saying now they're Swedish and magpie. Go figure!

Lol yep there pretty hard to mistake!!

Thanks. But since we already had 3 complete batches of eggs destroyed by the postal service after spending over $100 dollars on them I won't go for eggs anymore. Too much money down the drain and too much frustration to end up with after waiting so long.
I hear ya, WildSam! The P.O. just conveniently "forgot" one of our batches of shipped eggs. We waited weeks for them to show up and when they finally did, what a mess!! LOL. We are definitely pushing people towards ordering ducklings. It takes longer to fill their order, but at least the post office treats them nicely.

P.S. Wanted to add, we offer a Live Arrival Guarantee on our ducklings too. Which is a big relief for people who've had bad experiences with shipped birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom