Ancona Ducks

@Brandonbeth, I've got ducklings available. I'm NPIP & AI tested and I ship. If you want eggs, eggorthechicken has awesome shipping practices, learycow also does eggs and ducklings.

Last edited:

This one is better marked? With his head down

This one is better marked? With his head down
he is better but still would like to see a broken pattern on his back instead of such a large solid patch.

These look like good starter birds and you can breed better. We all have to start somewhere and trust me, mine were horrid when I started but we now have most ducks looking like my drake I posted earlier.

The question you need to ask yourself is do you just want pretty birds or are you breeding to show? This makes a big difference on how you want to go with your breedings. This bird is exceptionally marked.

You want a nice random asymmetrical broken pattern with good chest markings, not too heavy and not too light.
Minihorse I missed ur picture how much do u sell and ship ur ducklings for
this is the pic I was referring to

Well, I've had 4 hatch out of 7 in the incubator. I broke one of the eggs open and there was a perfect little duckling in there, dead, had just a bit of yolk left to absorb... Not sure why it died.

2 are all "yellow" but @minihorse927 thinks there may be chance they could turn into blues or lilacs! Either way, all cute keepers for now!My first duck hatch and first hatch ever!

Well, I've had 4 hatch out of 7 in the incubator. I broke one of the eggs open and there was a perfect little duckling in there, dead, had just a bit of yolk left to absorb... Not sure why it died.

2 are all "yellow" but @minihorse927 thinks there may be chance they could turn into blues or lilacs! Either way, all cute keepers for now!My first duck hatch and first hatch ever!

Awesome! Isn't hatcing fun? I think ducklings are easier to hatch than chickens actually, don't know why. I hope you do get blues or lilacs. Congratulations!
jumpy.gif

I've had all yellow ducklings turn out to be silver, blue, and lilac so its very possible

Back
Top Bottom