Ancona Ducks

I've got 9 days left until my first 7 Ancona's are due to hatch!! So excited!! Already have some duck starter sitting in the shed just waiting to get eaten by the ducklings!

Originally Started off with 14 eggs, 7 in the incubator and 7 under a broody chicken. The hen decided to eat her eggs ~2 weeks in. I caught her at it when she had 4 left. I tried and tried and could not fit them into my small incubator so the eggs sat for a full day in the warm attic until they went into a newly purchased incubator. 3 eggs developing, 1 might be a dud.
There is still a small chance I'll end up with 10 ducklings eventually.

I've got 9 days left until my first 7 Ancona's are due to hatch!! So excited!! Already have some duck starter sitting in the shed just waiting to get eaten by the ducklings!

Originally Started off with 14 eggs, 7 in the incubator and 7 under a broody chicken. The hen decided to eat her eggs ~2 weeks in. I caught her at it when she had 4 left.  I tried and tried and could not fit them into my small incubator so the eggs sat for a full day in the warm attic until they went into a newly purchased incubator. 3 eggs developing, 1 might be a dud.
There is still a small chance I'll end up with 10 ducklings eventually.
Congrats! You just never know.
263a.png
Do you see movement in those eggs?

The question you need to ask yourself is do you just want pretty birds or are you breeding to show? This makes a big difference on how you want to go with your breedings. This bird is exceptionally marked.

You want a nice random asymmetrical broken pattern with good chest markings, not too heavy and not too light.

Back
Top Bottom