Ancona Ducks

Pics
I was referring to selling the scovies (I know scovies can inter-breed but not sure if Anconas can?)

I like my Anconas
smile.png
they are really quite friendly too. The males name is Big Red. Haven't named the females yet!
If kept together, the scovies and anconas will breed and create mules.
Muscovy moms mated with ancona dads create offspring that will lay eggs, but both males and females will be sterile.
Muscovy dad with ancona moms will create offspring that are sterile but the females won't even lay eggs.

If kept together, the scovies and anconas will breed and create mules.
Muscovy moms mated with ancona dads create offspring that will lay eggs, but both males and females will be sterile.
Muscovy dad with ancona moms will create offspring that are sterile but the females won't even lay eggs.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll probably sell the scovies when they reach breeding age rather than having mixes.

Figured I would throw a pic up and get the thread going again. I LOVE this breed. And I love the variety in the birds too. I have a couple WH x Ancona hybrids from summer that are simply huge too. If only they were girls....

Ordered hatching eggs from California and North Carolina. From CA I have two black/white, one chocolate/white, one blue white. From NC I have two tricolored (white/black/buff, and one buff and white). Very excited to see them feather out!
Very exciting!
Were the NC eggs from WOWSA farm by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom