Ancona Ducks

Pics
I just received my order of Ducklings this morning. 4 of which are Anconas!!
love.gif
I am in love! They are the sweetest babies EVER. I will share pictures later, but 1 of the four (Blot) is almost completely black on his back and head. I am assuming that is not good confirmation for Anconas. Also, what about black on the beak, good or bad? Whatever is "correct" I love them all anyway!

Hi!

Brand new to Anconas. I got 2 dozen eggs from a gal in South Salem, the first two of which are hatching now in the incubator. Mine will all be related as they came from one drake and 6 hens.

HouseMouse, if you need to do some swapping, I'm sure to have some girls in this batch and will need some unrelated males for future breeding. I'm probably an hour and a half to two hours from you. :)

Hi! Brand new to Anconas. I got 2 dozen eggs from a gal in South Salem, the first two of which are hatching now in the incubator. Mine will all be related as they came from one drake and 6 hens. HouseMouse, if you need to do some swapping, I'm sure to have some girls in this batch and will need some unrelated males for future breeding. I'm probably an hour and a half to two hours from you. :)

Oh, thanks! I actually called a farm store that sells Ancona ducklings from the breeder I bought mine from and they were nice enough to let me come in and sex the ducklings until I found a girl. If you are wanting any boys in the future let me know. I am keeping the chocolate but most likely selling the other two. I am thinking of *possibly* keeping the lightest of the drakelings as well, but I have to convince my husband first. Haha!

Just hatched six ducklings yesterday. They are the sweetest little things! Maybe someone can weigh in on my color guesses? I'm a total Ancona newbie, so any help with ID would be great! (The two I'm calling lavender have almost no markings on the bill, and smoke colored markings on their feet.)

Last edited:
your middle top looks like blue. The ones on the right might be lavender, lilac, or silver. The blues look almost kinda greenish when they're babies, cos the yellow fuzz. Where are your eggs from? Looks like you had a fun hatch!

Just hatched six ducklings yesterday. They are the sweetest little things! Maybe someone can weigh in on my color guesses? I'm a total Ancona newbie, so any help with ID would be great! (The two I'm calling lavender have almost no markings on the bill, and smoke colored markings on their feet.)
I agree with Toadbriar. Top: Black, blue, lavender (could be silver or lilac as they tend to look similar as babies). Bottom: black, chocolate (only if brown. its hard to tell in the pic) and lavender/lilac/or silver

Back
Top Bottom