Ancona or Exchequer Leghorn? Pullet or Cockerel

lolodalton

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN
“She” came in a rare breed pullet mix from Meyer Hatchery and is now 14 weeks old and in the last week her comb has turned very red and has nearly doubled in size along with her wattles. I am beginning to wonder whether she is actually a he! And we have never really been sure whether she is Ancona or Exchequer Leghorn. She has the black on her legs and beak like an Ancona, but seems to have more white than pics I’ve seen at this age. Thanks for any info you can give about gender or breed! One thing is sure, she is absolutely my favorite of all the chickens I’ve owned. Super friendly, curious, and kind to all the other chickens - including a couple of newbies. The “close up” pic sums up her personality beautifully!
D9DE22CE-75B6-4956-AF06-2A3E07E5F47D.jpeg
4310A3C4-B0F5-4E35-BE92-7DCE126BDC8A.jpeg
50B7BD89-DA87-45BA-9F58-45973A20C3AF.jpeg
0B5A23BD-544D-4889-B3FD-DF0A67D874E7.jpeg

“She” came in a rare breed pullet mix from Meyer Hatchery and is now 14 weeks old and in the last week her comb has turned very red and has nearly doubled in size along with her wattles. I am beginning to wonder whether she is actually a he! And we have never really been sure whether she is Ancona or Exchequer Leghorn. She has the black on her legs and beak like an Ancona, but seems to have more white than pics I’ve seen at this age. Thanks for any info you can give about gender or breed! One thing is sure, she is absolutely my favorite of all the chickens I’ve owned. Super friendly, curious, and kind to all the other chickens - including a couple of newbies. The “close up” pic sums up her personality beautifully! View attachment 2217667View attachment 2217668View attachment 2217669View attachment 2217670
What a beauty 🥰💓

“She” came in a rare breed pullet mix from Meyer Hatchery and is now 14 weeks old and in the last week her comb has turned very red and has nearly doubled in size along with her wattles. I am beginning to wonder whether she is actually a he! And we have never really been sure whether she is Ancona or Exchequer Leghorn. She has the black on her legs and beak like an Ancona, but seems to have more white than pics I’ve seen at this age. Thanks for any info you can give about gender or breed! One thing is sure, she is absolutely my favorite of all the chickens I’ve owned. Super friendly, curious, and kind to all the other chickens - including a couple of newbies. The “close up” pic sums up her personality beautifully! View attachment 2217667View attachment 2217668View attachment 2217669View attachment 2217670
I’m really in love with her!

Looks like a female exchequer leghorn to me. Mine is named Polka. Mine is about the same age and her comb has doubled in size in the last ten days. Also has the dots on the legs.

Back
Top Bottom