And so the saga continues: our house was broken in to D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, they didn't know what the garden tools were for....Noone steals something, if it requires work to use it. Maybe, you could look for the pitchfork at the pawnshop.

How horrible! I have to agree it's most likely someone you know and a good chance its older kids or teens. To kill your rooster is a serious infraction and possibly someone with sociopath tendencies or t least needs some therapy. It scares me to think a kid could be carrying a knife...
crazy.gif

Do you have issues with neighbors and your rooster making too much noise? Do you have children that have troubles with others at school or in the neighborhood? That's where I would look first.

You were given good advice by other posters and I am glad you called the police. I do think police are a great resource and I can sympathize with them having to deal with all they do (ever see those reality cop shows?!?). Sometimes however, there is only so much they can do as there is not enough of them to take care of all the minor crimes--something we have to think about when the city budget is voted on. Without police we would live with mayhem.

If it were my house--surprise! We have an ex-military working dog that would've had a bit of fun. And yes--she is trained to disarm intruders. I will say though anyone who knows us wouldn't do such a thing and certainly not take "their chances" with her--even though she's friendly when we are around.
SEVeyesC08_th.gif

Quote:
Precisely.
I keep an old shovel in my truck for that reason. No thief will steal it and, by extension, will turn his nose up at my vehicle because of it.

Im curious, though - dont you have a dog? Barking dogs are pretty keen deterrents. But I agree with the others; it sounds like a nuisance attempt by someone with an axe to grind.
I might add a mildly disturbed person, one that would take misplaced, mortal revenge out on a chicken.

As for the police - they aren't always useless. In cases like this, however - long after the fact - there is little they can do. By all means call them, but unless the perpetrator left a calling-card clue, they can't do much more than file a report.
Ergo, they probably won't.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not scared.

3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)

That's horrible-The rooster didn't deserve that. No chicken does. And the paint will be hard to get off the doors... Probably some burglar who thought the rooster would wake you up. I feel for you...
hugs.gif

That is horrible. I'm sorry this happened to you. I agree that this is not a typical burglary. A seasoned thief would go after valuables, not garden tools and paint. A lot of burglars will not carry weapons just in case they get caught. It really is useless that they killed your rooster, perhaps he was making too much noise and they feared that he could alert you. This sounds like a bunch of kids out on a dare. I would have called the police too. I don't think they'll find the thieves unless they try again at someone else's place or a parent takes notice that there are different tools in the shed. Keep the doors and windows locked.

I always hate hearing and seeing all the police bashing. I agree it sounds like teens and if it's not personal then they probably live in your area. If they (the police) are so useless then why call them, just to complain about them. There are numerous crimes stopped and solved every day that no one hears about because only the negative seems to make the news. I've been a LEO for 15 years and work very hard at my job. No I can't catch every bad guy and I can't solve every problem. I probably could do more if I didn't have to be a social worker, marriage counselor, disciplinarian to other peoples kids, deal with every barking dog issue, or mediator for neighbors who can't just be civil to one another. I'm also a mom, daughter, sister, and friend but no one thinks about that when they decide police are worthless. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and I hate to admit that my brothers (in their teen years) have done things like that. You probably irritated them in some way (like rooster crowing) and they took out their anger on your place. By no means do you deserve that treatment (none of my brother's victims did). As for the tools, that one isn't hard to guess...you need them and they cost money, there for they took them. If you were to go looking, you would probably find them in a creek bed or someone's dumpster.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom