And why exactly am I looking at egg auctions?

Happy Chooks, they do not COUNT until they hatch. And then there are a few weeks in the brooder to make arrangements for more coops.

Someday I'm not gonna be able to walk around in my back yard!

I'm already looking at the remaining third of an acre of open pasture (weeds!) which is part of the property owned by my land-lady - immediately adjacent to "my" part of the acre. Her three Barbados sheep graze there... surely a couple of coops won't interfere with that passive use of it. Right?

Quote:
That's my theory as well. PLUS, the more I am able to hatch, the better a chance I have at obtaining pullets.
roll.png

I'm going to SERIOUSLY have to develop a method of re-homing those cockerels.

There are just too many more beautiful breeds to add to my flock!

If there was a cheap way to send me EE or OE cockerels, I'd take a couple. I'm looking for Blue Orpington, FBCM, Blue CM, or EE or OE cockerels to add to my breeding program.
idunno.gif

I ask myself the same question.

I already have 15 more chickens than I have room for.

I think about who I can sell or rehome, but then I reconsider and then I see that beautiful egg, or hen or roo and think, "Wouldn't it be great to hatch one of those!"

I've limited myself to two hatches a year. Dec. 11th to Jan 1st and then April1st to April 22nd.

This year I'm limiting myself further to my own eggs... but we'll see if I can't get a great deal on one of the auctions on here....

Read all the replies and I'm snickering to myself because I am looking at the batch in the incubator now but thinking what I can get next
barnie.gif
seriously once I started with day old chicks last year I fell in love with my chickens. I have a feeling my backyard too will end up overrun with chickens
D.gif
thats okay though like Max they make great therapists and good company
love.gif

I love to look at the hatching egg auctions! I want BLRW eggs, but my coop is only big enough for 30 birds and I've got 30 in there now and will be getting rid of three cockerals (at least) so that means I can get more eggs....no wait, I can't cuz I'll get more cockerals...my bator has been empty since the end of June, but I want to hatch my own eggs too and I've only got one hen laying right now...I must wait!

I understand the addiction!

Quote:
Unless you have a husband that won't let you brood in the house. And don't even think about the garage! (gasp, the man cave) I also got kicked out of brooding in the well house as he doesn't appreciate chick dust in his electronic stuff. So I gotta have the new coop done so I have a place to brood them!

Fixed his butt though, I got a broody sitting on 9 eggs from my flock.
lol.png
2 more weeks to go until olive egger babies!

Last edited:
Well, it's very obvious. You have become a hatch-a-holic!
lau.gif
You are addicted to the suspense of hatching eggs.....You could also be a chick-a-holic, which of course means you are addicted to chicks.

You might be both........Step away from the incubator...........
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom