Angora goats - anybody have any?

I have some angoras. I'm just getting started with them (had them about a year). They are really laid back for goats (which is great) but need to be sheared twice a year.

Here's a picture of a couple of my goats. I also have 2 white goats.

15342_temp_413.jpg

I have Alpines, Nubians & Nigerian Dwarfs. How much do Angoras run? They sure are pretty. I am a dog groomer so shearing an Angora would be no problem. Always wanted to try that....
big_smile.png
Might be fun to add a couple Angora to the herd.

They are adorable. There aren't many Angora breeders here in GA...and I have no idea how they're priced.

There is a farm close to me that breeds Nigoras (Nigerian x Angora) and they are so cute, as are the Pygoras. It's a good thing I don't have any, I wouldn't get anything done for being out in the barn running my fingers through that soft fiber!

Price really depends on the quality and whether breeding stock or wethers. Mine are all wethers (great for fiber only) and have run around $75. Most breeding stock runs $300+. They are great goats!

They are beautiful!!!! Great pics!!!!! We decided to pass on them because we don't have alot of room. I've also heard that goats can't eat just grass or they will get sick and die; I guess they fill up with gas? That's what I've heard anyway; not sure if it's true but afraid to take a chance. We don't have alot of scrub or brush for them to eat. Maybe someday but they are very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom