Animal cruelty? Ducks with no drinking water... *Furious*

Quote:
Speaking as a former cross-trainer, I can tell you that very cold water will cause severe stomach discomfort, and can cause worse problems, such as colic, in animals that can't vomit. When giving water in high temperatures or if the animal or human is overheating, make sure it isn't too cold!

Quote:
I have to wonder if the local Department of Agriculture is doing THEIR job, and checking necessary paperwork etc. I can tell you it always gets talked about here but I have yet to actually see it happen...which is not fair to those of us who always carry the appropiate paperwork, only to see the people who don't take good care of their animals get out of being hassled...

Mrs. Turbo :

I am not sticking up for anyone at the flea market, but if we are selling ducks somewhere and we give them an endless supply of water all they do is play in it, make a mess and then they are swimming in mud. There would also be people complaining about our muddy ducks. We do water them on a regular basis and provide shade if it is hot outside.....it also only takes about 3 minutes for the water to get dirty.
So.....point is....just because you dont see fresh water in the cage doesn't mean they didn't just have some water. On the other hand there are people that DO NOT provide water at all and that is not cool.

x2

When I'm selling ducks I never leave a dish there all day, every few hours I'll put some in, let them drink and take it out again. They make the cage messy and smelly, thats just how ducks are.​

No animal, ducks included, has to have access to water every minute of every day. A Flea market is usually a short term event lasting a few hours. Ducks are shipped w/o water every day & when shipped may be w/o water for 2-3 days. Not a problem really.
Also at poultry shows most people don't water their birds until after the judging is complete as they don't want the birds to get wet & messy before being judged. Again, not a problem. Most organisms that don't live in water can go w/o water for a period of time.

Last edited:
What else was wrong? Besides no water, which isn't a huge deal.

My energy is best spent communicating with the authorities on this topic, therefore I will not be answering anymore questions of this type. If you are curious about my progress, feel free to PM me. Thank you for the many great suggestions!​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom