Another Broody? Need Help! Sad Outcome =(

I am so sorry to hear about your hen.
hugs.gif

I have a broody right now on 16 eggs (12 of which I paid a lot for). I have noticed that she doesn't poop every day, I have only seen her poop like 3 times in about 6 days. Because of your story, I will go out every morning and get her off her nest and make sure that she moves around more. I will check her vent, also.

And, also, I was directed to this thread by another BYC user with a broody who also checked her broody's vent.

So, you may have saved a few other hens. Thank you and again, I am sooo sad for you and your lost chicks and hen. May you have wonderful, successful hatches in the future.

I'm lad this thread is helping other preent this from happening. She had been in a quiet spot, so I thought she was getting up when I wasn't looking. She was being such a good mama, and I didn't want to distrub her. The next broody we have will be treated a lot differently. I tought I knew a lot about chickens (and probably do), but there is still so much to learn.

Hattie the Hen (if you check this thread), how do you make your broody mash. I'd like to do that next time around.

Thank you all for your kind words and support (I feel like I lost a family member). We've decided to pick up chicks next weekend for a local hatchery to help ease the pain of our loss. I was looking forward to our chicks though, we have blue cochin roo and the eggs were from our white cochin and our gold laced cochin.

Sonja

I just found this thread
sad.png
I am so sorry for the loss of your little gal! You did the best you could! It really does feel like you have lost a family member, it is amazing how attached we get to them and love them. Lets hope you have a better outcome with your other broodys!

I'm sorry
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom