Another Chicken/Rooster Barred Rock/Dominique Thread

niter

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 8, 2014
I have four suspect birds. Two I am fairly certain are roosters, particularly since one tried a rather sorry crow this morning. Then, I have two birds that I am thinking are less dominiques and more like barred rock roosters. Opinions? Some of the photos are not as great as I was focusing on what look like saddle feathers to me (on the two barred birds). Thanks!

Thank you. I had been suspecting the white one for a good bit of time....added bonus he gets more and more bizarre looking as he grows. It's a shame about the two barred birds being that they have a nice disposition and I am fond of the barred look. I may keep ONE if the respectful and pleasant disposition keeps but I have little use for roosters. That, and if I were to keep a rooster I would be inclined for it to be a purebred/heritage breed because breeding really would be the only reason for a rooster.

Agree on the mixed breed cockerels. Looks like there was a silkie, a Wyandotte, a barred Rock and who knows what else in the genetic soup.

Back
Top Bottom