Another coyote bit the dust!

Hen'nbiddies

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 5, 2009
Central Ore. -Cowgirl Country
We shot another coyote just 50 feet from the front door this morning. In facta my husband just opened the door and stuck the rifle muzzle outside. It was right where we are building the coop!
I don't go hunting them but when they come after me and mine they will suffer the consequences. I am sure this one got our last barn cat two days ago and thought it could find another easy meal. Not posting pictures incase someone would object.

Glad you got him. It's ok if you post pictures just say Graphic is they are bloody or anything. I would like to see him or her that you got.

Great job I would shoot all of them to if they were anywhere near my animals. My biggest problem here is stray dogs.

hen.. i am the same way... i dont out HUNTING them.. but if they dig under my fence, they are gonna get killed..
dont mind graphic as long as i am warned

This is more of a story than a reply, but after reading about someone hitting one with a rock, I thought I would share. A friend of mine was plowing last fall and he has a pretty mean dog that always rides with him in the cab of the tractor. He stopped to bust clods of the plow shanks with a hammer and suddenly his dog goes baling out of the tractor and is full tilt chasing a coyote. They each make a wide circle around the tractor and my friend sees where this chase is going to come right by him, so as the coyote is about to pass, he flings that ball pean hammer at him and hits him square in the head, kills him instantly. Never heard of anyone killing a full grown, healthy coyote with a hammer before. Just thought y'all might find it somewhat of a payback story if you lost any chooks to a coyote.

ive never been able to get as close to coyotes as i do here in odessa,, up north we would be lucky to see 1
roll.png

Anybody who kills a coyote is my hero. Growing up in this neck of the woods we did'nt have any. They were exotic "out west" critters. Now the nasty varmints are everywhere
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom