Another missing Child in Missouri

If they don't try him as an adult, they should taken out and hanged themselves. This is getting completely out of control in this country; I am scared to let my 9 year old go anywhere without me or his papa, because most parents are almost in a daze about where we live, thinking its safe. NOWHERE in this world is safe anymore. . .My heart bleeds for these families!!

My 9 year old didn't have school today, so we had long talks in the car about stranger danger and a code word, and NO matter WHO came to school to get him that didn't know our code word, he was NOT to leave with them. Actually, I told him anywhere. It's a blessing in disguise that my husband is on diability and home 95% of the time. We don't have the worries about where DS is or who he is with, as most of his little friends come to our house to play and while its a hassle and I get tired of cleaning up their little boy messes, I just have to think about these parents who have lost a child to a predator, and I know they would give part of their life span to have that child back in a houseful of friends.

I don't know if any of you will find this helpful or not but I don't have anything else to offer in the way of doing something about these people.........

Oct 12, 2009

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) today announced the launch of a new Halloween-themed radio public service announcement (PSA) designed to encourage Florida families to sign up for the Florida Offender Alert System. The system sends e-mail alert notifications when registered sexual offenders or predators move into a neighborhood or any other location designated by the user.

The 30-second PSA encourages families to visit www.flsexoffender.net to subscribe to receive e-mail alert notifications when registered sexual offenders or predators move into neighborhoods. FDLE also recommends that citizens use the Neighborhood Search feature prior to signing up for alerts to identify registered sexual offenders and predators currently living in neighborhoods where children will be trick or treating or congregating.

FDLE is reaching out to radio stations across the state to secure their assistance in airing the PSA. The department asks media partners to air the PSA through Oct. 31.

The Florida Offender Alert System is offered through FDLE’s Web site and on many local law enforcement agencies’ Web sites throughout the state. Citizens are encouraged to visit their local law enforcement agency’s Web site first to register for alerts and access local safety information. More than 83,000 individuals have signed up for this service, with approximately 800 new subscribers being added each week. More than 1.3 million emails have been sent notifying citizens about address changes since its March 2008 launch.

The Neighborhood Search feature on FDLE’s Web site allows users to enter any Florida address and obtain a list of all registered sex offenders and predators living within a one quarter to five mile radius of the address entered by the user. These services are offered statewide at no charge.

FDLE developed the notification service at the direction of the Florida Legislature as part of the state’s compliance with the federal Adam Walsh Act. Citizens may select an unlimited number of addresses and/or offenders and predators to track, and can update their selections at any time. The alert system will send e-mail notifications within 24 to 48 hours of an address change to the state’s registry. Currently, there are more than 53,000 registered sexual offenders and predators in the Florida Sex Offender Registry.

Click here to listen to the PSA or visit our Web site at www.fdle.state.fl.us.

For Further Information Contact:
Heather Smith, Kristen Perezluha or Mike Morrison
FDLE Office of Public Information
(850) 410-7001

Remember, 9x out of 10 it is someone the children are aquainted with. Be especially careful about your children's friends and family memebers. When it happened to me it was a friend of the family.
Children don't tell things alot of times. Ask them discreetly. Don't
ever think just b/c you "know" them they are above suspicion.

Back
Top Bottom