Another - My Chicken Laid a Boiled Egg - mystery post

View attachment 3581551
All right then. I pulled one of the subjects this morning and let it cool down inside then did the crack thing.

View attachment 3581558
Not sure why we didn't have more soft boil on this one like the previous victims. I'm not exactly sure of the days they were left out there and then how many days they were on the counter in the spiral until they reached the bottom for cooking. Maybe I'll leave subject A out a couple days more then after.
Thank you all for playing along. It's been fun.
😆 slow mo reveal for the win.

Thank you for all the “hard” work and documentation.

This thread was awesome.

View attachment 3581551
All right then. I pulled one of the subjects this morning and let it cool down inside then did the crack thing.

View attachment 3581558
Not sure why we didn't have more soft boil on this one like the previous victims. I'm not exactly sure of the days they were left out there and then how many days they were on the counter in the spiral until they reached the bottom for cooking. Maybe I'll leave subject A out a couple days more then after.
Thank you all for playing along. It's been fun.
Gross but satisfying!👍

At first it was like this...I'm not the most patient person on the planet ya know....
Christmas Eve Waiting GIF

OK. I must admit, it was worth the wait. Bravo!:clap

And yes! **THANK YOU** Very MUCH for the photos, the video, the explanations, very much appreciated.

Now, when's the next one going to be ready...??? I mean, it's been like another 15-20 minutes already...🤣

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

I searched Ms. Google and the mystery appears to have been posted and head scratched on BackyardChickens previously.

View attachment 3575786

How the what-why did my chicken lay a boiled egg?

Scene:
(law-and-order sound)
Morning egg eating time. I choose two eggs off the end of the spiral counter display, crack one over the butter simmer- it plops, and I ewwwwww.
Next egg, same shellish thing. I start spinning eggs willy-nilly thinking the wife mixed up some boilys, but she enters and adamantly denies. The eggs are two different colors, so definitely different chickens.

The wife conveniently starts to remember recently finding a couple strays off coop-campus, and attests to verifying the color of the allegedly errant drops.

Now, this is the State of Arizona, and while rampant newsperson conjecture speculates temperatures "hot enough to boil an egg on a politician's face," 112 F'ing degrees is actually not sizzilly enough to do such a thing. However, it should now be noted that the secret stash was situated upon scattered straw laying over one open-air, compost pile, a method of sorts that could cause the ambient air above and possibly said normally temperate eggs to reach plus 150 F'ing degrees, the very condition that the eggs in question could presumably soft boil, and in all truthful terms, the known temperature at which the aforementioned politician's pants do indeed catch fire.
Yeah, been hot here in Prescott also but not hot enough to boil 'em. Thanks for the post

Back
Top Bottom