Another - My Chicken Laid a Boiled Egg - mystery post

All right, fellow Chicken Tenders. I have some data today. It was overcast here till noonish. Photos taken at 4pm. I missed the sun directly on the reinactment scene victims. I was still taken aback at one result in particular.

Sun
20230716_155552.jpg

Birthing box in the Cajun bayou shack coop.
20230716_162114.jpg

Next the top of the compost pile (post direct sunlight), because I'm saving the what-the-what for last.
20230716_160908.jpg

Ladies and gentlehens, the temperature in the direct sunlight "above" the pile, taken on the pallet wall:
20230716_160328.jpg

I had to double check with the analog cooking temp gauge because I thought the digital had gone wonky.
Now, I cannot attest if the neighbor separator block wall is the real culprit here on the high reading. I can only reiterate where this location is in the sun. I will double check tomorrow.

Whoa! That last temp reading is deserving of a flaming face emoji, which is not an optional reaction.

Interested to see the internal status of your reenactment victims when their merciless outdoor inferno cook time is complete!

As one who shares the same climate (albeit on the west side of Phoenix) I'm enjoying this experiment.

As an aside, I found a stray egg outside our run. (The flock is let out a couple hours each day.) It was found in the shade of an elevated garden bed, that is moistened 3x a day from drip running through the garden. I cracked it open to find it had already started developing-- no brooder required.

Back
Top Bottom