Another - My Chicken Laid a Boiled Egg - mystery post

As one who shares the same climate (albeit on the west side of Phoenix) I'm enjoying this experiment.

As an aside, I found a stray egg outside our run. (The flock is let out a couple hours each day.) It was found in the shade of an elevated garden bed, that is moistened 3x a day from drip running through the garden. I cracked it open to find it had already started developing-- no brooder required.
Wowzers. That's crazy too!

Today's update to Operation Mulch Bake? Organic Soil Boi... Operation Steamy Compost? Eh, we can just use Operation Hot Fertile Vent as a placeholder for now.

I believe yesterday's pallet data was somewhat skewed since we were measuring a surface temp by touching it with the sensors. So here is the nearby air's reading:
20230717_153012.jpg

Now, here is the sun-stroking egg temp, taken with the sensors directly shell-on.
20230717_151822.jpg

So it may not have had anything to do with pile venting heat as much as the blazing sunball exposure itself on our prenatal victims' heads.

Tomorrow Operation Crack Discovery?

Last edited:
Today update to Operation Mulch Bake? Organic Soil Boi... Operation Steamy Compost? Eh, we can just use Operation Fertile Hot Vent as a placeholder for now.

I believe yesterday's pallet data was somewhat skewed since we were measuring a surface temp by touching it with the sensors. So here is the nearby air's reading:
View attachment 3580371

Now, here is the sun-stroking egg temp, taken with the sensors directly shell-on.
View attachment 3580389

So it may not have had anything to do with pile venting heat as much as the blazing sunball exposure itself on our prenatal victims' heads.

Tomorrow Operation Crack Discovery?
Operation Crack Discovery?

OCD. Sounds about right 😂

Watching with bated breath.

20230718_132131.jpg

All right then. I pulled one of the subjects this morning and let it cool down inside then did the crack thing.

20230718_171930.jpg

Not sure why we didn't have more soft boil on this one like the previous victims. I'm not exactly sure of the days they were left out there and then how many days they were on the counter in the spiral until they reached the bottom for cooking. Maybe I'll leave subject A out a couple days more then after.
Thank you all for playing along. It's been fun.

Back
Top Bottom