Another Nobel Prize for the USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojo Chick'n :

I don't have much to say about this - mostly because I don't want to offend folks.

But I do have to say that I am very dissapointed this morning.

meri

Ruefully amused here. IMHO, it should go to someone that has actually done something and not only talked eloquently about it.​

Quote:
I am happy he won. Perhaps if more politicians did what is best for the people as a whole instead of a few pockets more Presidents would win. Congratulations President Obama.
clap.gif

Quote:
Ruefully amused here. IMHO, it should go to someone that has actually done something and not only talked eloquently about it.

True. I would like world peace and the removal of all stupid chicken-banning laws, but I'm not foreseeing an award for that statement. Saying one thing is completely different from doing it, just ask anyone who has voted.

Quote:
My vote goes to the BYC Admins for keeping the peace on some of these threads!!

Thanks, we try, but sometimes....... well, you know.....

But people can go back and edit their posts to follow my advice. Just saying.

Mojo Chick'n :

well... maybe this guy....

So, if he'd won the prize instead of Obama, would winning the prize have meant something?​

Quote:
Well- I'm a geologist. Everyone should see the movie, but that isn't why Gore won. He has been working on climate change for DECADES! Doesn't anyone read/watch any news besides Fox ?
gig.gif

The Nobel Prize isn't about republican/democrat political bickering. This is about the WORLD, and PEACE and HOPE and MOVING FORWARD.

Global warming has been going on for at least the last 10,000 years. It really isn't anything new folks. Not worth an award anyway.

rant.gif

This is true to a point, however, we have the technology now to do something about it. The population of the world is also connected via the Internet and we have a chance to make a real change. Al Gore has made many leaders in this world pay attention and work together for a single goal--if that's not hope, peace and moving forward I must have lost something in the translation. Shucks, I had a 4.0 while in college too--my professors might wonder what happened to me!
idunno.gif

If a lowly Canadian may give her opinion, I think good for President Obama!
thumbsup.gif

For those of you who seem to hate him, would you rather have a slimeball like Stephen Harper running your country?
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom