Another Turkey is dying - Please!

SAHMof2

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 11, 2010
This really REALLY bothers me to see it happening and not be able to do anything about it.

I don't suppose there is a miracle anything I can do for him is there? He's hunched over, eyes closed, laboured breathing, not moving. He'll open his eyes once in a while and move then park himself again.

I could force yogurt down his throat but the trauma from that would kill him I'm sure.

I found flouresent poop splatter this a.m. (not sure who from) AND brown and white poop with red in it.

I"m all up for drugs no ppl. Can anyone tell me what to give them so they stop dying. I used to walk down to the coop joyful to see them and let them out in the a.m. but now I look for bodies ...

sounds like cocci.....you can try giving corid or sulmet but once you see the red (blood) in the poop its usually too far gone
sad.png

Last edited:
Thank you. Its Sunday and I called the on call vet in our town and they don't even stalk the sulfa meds. It'll be wednesday before its in. At this point is there any hope in giving pedialite? When I get the sulfa I should treat the entire flock yes?

sob sob sob ...

Back
Top Bottom