Another USPS rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like USPS has never killed anything you were waiting for.
When I worked for Fedex, even though they don't deliver live animals, if you looked at a package, and there was some kind of "heads up" on the box, I would personally CALL the recipient and tell them the situation, so they could make a decision.

You could always have UPS or Fedex deliver it instead...oh wait.

No, I just realize that like any massive organization that deals with that much volume, things will be lost regardless. USPS is no more competent or incompetent than any of the private carriers and they're the only one we can even use for such a service. Our other option is to buy birds/eggs locally or not at all.

You're right, Davian, they're all we have in this situation. I had misgivings about even trying this, but thought I'd go ahead and take the plunge because I wanted to have breeder quality birds instead of hatchery. I bought SS eggs from the Gary farm in GA and Dominique from S. Wheat in Alabama. Who would have thought that BOTH packages would end up sitting in distribution centers instead of being delivered to my local post office. I'm sure you can appreciate my frustration. I have since found a source for Dominique about an hour away and will try to find other local breeders when I'm interested in new birds.
I do believe that this sort of thing happens pretty frequently or FedEx and UPS would not be in business.

The problem is we are dealing with government employees at USPS.
So when they go get stoned for lunch, or deliver my mail to someone elses house,or just don't feel like DOING their job, it is way harder to get fired than the OTHER carriers. The reason the OTHER carriers won't ship live is because they actually care about doing their jobs, and of course, things DO get lost, trucks and planes DO break down, and they would actually pay out what the insurance was on the package. USPS, on the other hand, always has some kind of BS story why you WON't get reimbursed. JMO

Quote:
Yup, all govt employees are stupid, lazy and crappy at their job. That's one heck of a myth there. Having worked in both the private and public sector, I can heartily assure you that people suck at their jobs at about the same rate regardless of which sector it is.

Quote:
Having worked for the USPS and My husband works for the USPS I find your general statement that we get stoned at lunch a grossly wrong, biased statement. Tell me, sir have you ever tried to deliver mail for 8 hours a day in 100* heat or -20 with snow up to you arm pits? Yes, indeed I have sunk up to my armpits trying to deliver mail on a route I did not know and it had drifted to almost 5 feet. Do you have any idea of how many people DO NOT mark their boxes, their house numbers are not on their houses or the road for rural deliveries? I have delivered chicks to houses. I have called them. No one is home, attempt delivery, still no one is home and there was no secure place to leave them.
Fed Ex has said they had attempted delivery when I have been all day at home waiting for said delivery. They never came up my road. I live on a dead end dirt road so if they go in, I see them when they go out. To blame fed ex for the incompetence of one driver is ludicrous.
The reason other providers don't ship live animals is because they don't want the liability.

Last edited:
Quote:
That is just horrible!
sad.png

I would also like to know why their express shipping is so very slow! I can mail the same thing priority and it would get there the same time as it would take for Express!
*Sigh* If dang gas prices weren't so high I would skip the USPS and just drive to the sellers house. Would save alot of time and stress for the bird and seller/buyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom