Antibiotics will soon require vet prescription

Pics
Antibiotics have always been “prescription only” over here for us in the UK.

I totally agree @ChickenCanoe that they are seriously overused making them inadequate against certain infections etc. Not just on animals either but also some doctors are very quick to prescribe them. They are really cracking down on it here well at least down at our local dr surgery. Posters all over saying they will not be giving them out for colds & flu etc & explaining the reasoning.

I saw this coming. When you have highly influential folks on platforms like here and Facebook who preach the use of antibiotics for literally everything, then this is what you get for it.

I've spent a good long while telling people to leave the antibiotics behind, because chickens do not need them. They are meant to recover on their own from the many minor injuries so many people jump to antibiotics to treat.

You get what you give, honestly.

I saw to heck with it, let them restrict the access.

Not just on animals either but also some doctors are very quick to prescribe them.
Been preaching against this for 40 years. Only time I've used them in the last few decades was for a serious tooth abscess.

so many people jump to antibiotics to treat.
You get what you give, honestly.
I saw to heck with it, let them restrict the access.
Yup, without even knowing what the illness is...SMH.
Wonder how long it will be before the aquatic(fish) AB's are restricted?

Been preaching against this for 40 years. Only time I've used them in the last few decades was for a serious tooth abscess.

Yup, without even knowing what the illness is...SMH.
Wonder how long it will be before the aquatic(fish) AB's are restricted?
Imo ALL antibios in this entire country should be available by prescription only.

You give the gen population access to antibiotics and you will always, without fail, have the dumb folks who use it for everything just because they can.

Back
Top Bottom