Antibotic conversion

Silkie's Grandma

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
West-Central Wisconsin
I bought some powdered chicken anti botic (Aureomycin) I want to use 200mg per gallon of water. How do I measure the mg in teaspoon form? (the package gives directions for 256 gallons of water per full pack - I am not sharp enough to figgure this 1 out)

Was having the same problem this morning with a sulfa powder, but I figured out a way to do it.

Take your package of powder, dump it all in a clean dry bowl. Measure it all back into the package by the teaspoon. Write down how many teaspoons you have.

The package, if it's like mine, will tell you how many gallons or liters the whole package should be mixed with.

Now you can take your number of teaspoons in the total package, divide it by the number of gallons/liters of water the package is supposed to make, and that will give you your appropriate fraction of a teaspoon needed for one gallon. Then divide the fraction further if you're making less.

Hope this helps.

how many mg's all together in the packet, a teaspoon is 5ml's, it actually should say how many, if i had all the info i could do the math for you, i'm a nurse and can figure it out

Back
Top Bottom