Any advice for gasping for air in ducks!

Another thought I had, but didn't want to stress her out, was to bring her inside and keep her in my bathroom. That would take her away from her sister and fresh air though. On the other hand it'll be a more controlled environment, and easier to nebulize her with Oxine. And she wouldn't need to try and walk around to get her into a coughing fit. Any thoughts?
I didn't end up bringing Gingersnap inside - though I seriously considered it. I felt it would be too stressful for her. She loved her flock so much and I wanted her to have the joy of puddles and bugs on what might be her last days. I also had 6 ducks at the time and there was no way I was bringing them all in.

However, if you could bring in both of your ducks and you think they could calmly rest together that might be a good option.

I didn't end up bringing Gingersnap inside - though I seriously considered it. I felt it would be too stressful for her. She loved her flock so much and I wanted her to have the joy of puddles and bugs on what might be her last days. I also had 6 ducks at the time and there was no way I was bringing them all in.

However, if you could bring in both of your ducks and you think they could calmly rest together that might be a good option.
I thought about that too. I don't know if Frankie will be calm enough. She's starting to get weird with her sister being sick. But I agree that if this is Gracie's final days, I ain't want them to be apart.

Thank you. That's the same article I found online that made me buy it. I can only hope that I have the same outcome as they did. I wish it would deliver faster though. It's a bummer I couldn't find anywhere it could be bought in-store.
I have to order too. I sure hope it helps cure your duck.

I thought about that too. I don't know if Frankie will be calm enough. She's starting to get weird with her sister being sick. But I agree that if this is Gracie's final days, I ain't want them to be apart.
Could you make their outside area smaller? Maybe put up a half wall out of fencing or something like that to reduce the amount of walking around that Gracie does? I've done this before and made all the other ducks stay with whoever needed the rest. It worked well for us.

Could you make their outside area smaller? Maybe put up a half wall out of fencing or something like that to reduce the amount of walking around that Gracie does? I've done this before and made all the other ducks stay with whoever needed the rest. It worked well for us.
I'm going to block off half their run to keep her from moving around too much. She's a little worse tonight. She's having bad coughing fits that make her listless, and she can't catch her breath for minutes. Her tongue goes from pale back to slightly pink when calms down. I'm sleeping in their run tonight, incase it's her last. And to see if she can sleep at all. Unfortunately I can't get the oxine ah until tomorrow morning. I put a hold at UPS to pick it up asap to speed it up the best I can. Does anyone have experience with Oxine AH? Like how long it takes to start seeing if it's working?
At this point I feel cruel watching her struggle so much. I wanted to try this one last treatment with Oxine AH before I make the heart shattering decision. If she can't sleep I can't imagine her pulling through this if the Oxine doesn't kick in quickly.

I'm going to block off half their run to keep her from moving around too much. She's a little worse tonight. She's having bad coughing fits that make her listless, and she can't catch her breath for minutes. Her tongue goes from pale back to slightly pink when calms down. I'm sleeping in their run tonight, incase it's her last. And to see if she can sleep at all. Unfortunately I can't get the oxine ah until tomorrow morning. I put a hold at UPS to pick it up asap to speed it up the best I can. Does anyone have experience with Oxine AH? Like how long it takes to start seeing if it's working?
At this point I feel cruel watching her struggle so much. I wanted to try this one last treatment with Oxine AH before I make the heart shattering decision. If she can't sleep I can't imagine her pulling through this if the Oxine doesn't kick in quickly.
I think @CoriM has used the oxine AH with her duck. Maybe she can chime in with her experience.

I hope tonight goes well for you three.

No I haven't used Oxine ah to treat anyone, just to spray down bedding and roosts. And when I went to any shows I used it to spray my birds.

I'm so sorry Gracie wasn't able to sleep. :(

I just read your story and I'm so sorry for your hard situation with your sweet duck. Sounds like you're doing everything possible to help her. I have used Oxine AH, though not in a situation such as yours, so I can't speak to its effectiveness really. What I did was put my ducks in a large dog crate covered with sheets. I put the Oxine/water mixture in a vaporizer and had them sit in there while it was going for twenty minutes or so a few times a day. I really hope she turns a corner today!

Back
Top Bottom