any advice on lockdown?

Here is draw down. The black line was at lockdown, the blue was day 14. This is a chick egg, but ducks do the same thing. See how low the air cell is on the top side, and how its curved up into the fat end? The baby gets into position, and this happens. They will usually pip right where the air cell meets the shell. This is why some people think a pip may look low, but once it draws down, they are actually into the air cell much lower.

Last edited:
@WVduckchick yay! thank you *so* much! I'm such a newbie so I needed all this information! my eggs do look like that, they aren't position that well in the incubator so it's hard to get the light and see all the angles. i have the magicfly that can fit 12 eggs. some say janoel on it i think. I'm actually getting kinda nervous for them to hatch, i'm basically going to me a new mom!
love.gif
I guess I'll learn things along the way. thanks so much for your help. i'll keep you updated!!!!

@kaciebigAny more news? Mine are in the garden now with a heat lamp but they do still follow me round and eat out of my hand but then they are still babies. Playing the YouTube clips and talking to them really made them peep with me.

In regards to sexing by voice, I don't know if this clip will work but if you can hear the deeper noise that's what 4/6 are doing. I find it hard to believe that 4/5 runners would be female!! Is this just a normal sound for both sexes?

@abidaby no, I'm wondering if they aren't going to hatch :( one has been wobbly when I talk but at this point seems to be taking too long. I don't even see any pips . :(

@WVduckchick ahh i'm just not for sure! the one is wobbly so i thought that would mean it pipped. it just hasnt made much progress since yesterday...

Back
Top Bottom