any advice on lockdown?

@WVduckchick
 @abidaby
 you don't think it would ruin them to candle them since they are on lockdown? 

Sorry to butt in.
From my limited experience and help from these wonderful people, as long as they haven't externally pipped you are fine. Just keep them warm and humid and close the bator quickly. You could use a warm and wet washcloth to set them on too.

@bydhatch thank you! they haven't, can't even see a internal pip. so when i candle, what should i be looking for this time? and set them on the washcloth when candling you mean> thanks!

@bydhatch
  thank you! they haven't, can't even see a internal pip. so when i candle, what should i be looking for this time? and set them on the washcloth when candling you mean> thanks! 

Yea just do it quickly, but carefully. You'll be looking for movement, internal pips and drawdown of the air cell.

I candled during lockdown (before external pips) as mentioned and it didn't harm mine, I too couldn't see any Movement or hear any peeping but it put mine mind at rest when I candled and saw them wriggling!!!

I just candled them and didn't see movement... I don't know if they aren't going to hatch now or to still have hope.

none of them made it @WVduckchick

Awww I'm sorry..
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom