any archery lovers here? (hunting, target and crossbow welcome)

nice, i don't bow hunt yet. but our season here for archery is pretty much done now. now its muzzle loader then rifle in November. still deciding if i want to use my Kentucky flint lock.

i hope you get your wall hanger this year :)
We have an early muzzleloader from this Thursday to Saturday then Sunday is back to bow again. I feel it’s a little much to have bow season so long but I only get to hint weekends so having Sunday hunt days makes it nice, at last when there isn’t church.

Our bow season runs concurrent, thru all the other seasons, so the bow is good to use anytime!
It’s just been too warm to hunt deer here yet. Although this morning, it’s only mid-30’s, but will be 75 later.

We have an early muzzleloader from this Thursday to Saturday then Sunday is back to bow again. I feel it’s a little much to have bow season so long but I only get to hint weekends so having Sunday hunt days makes it nice, at last when there isn’t church.

depending on our zone here really changes the time you can hunt. (am only going to talk about white tail as pretty much everything else is all the same time, such as elk, moose, mule deer, black bear and wolf. where pronghorn now has its own archery/muzzle-loader/rifle dates)

but pretty much we get a month of bow hunting, a month of muzzle-loader and depending if your in the south or north of my province about 2 weeks (for the south) to 1 month and a week of rifle in the north.

Our bow season runs concurrent, thru all the other seasons, so the bow is good to use anytime!
It’s just been too warm to hunt deer here yet. Although this morning, it’s only mid-30’s, but will be 75 later.
We can use a bow in the other seasons, too, but it counts as that season's kill not a bow kill.

What part of WV are you from. I was born in Morgantown and grew up in Albright, in Preston county.

I was out yesterday, (Washington County) morning saw a bunch of does and afternoon on a button and spike. Rain today so in processing my daughters doe for freezer camp. Probably stuff the smokepole and fire a few rounds today. They just cleaned the power lines on our one 75 yards funnel of woods to be 40 yards wide. We pt a double stand on the south side and I plan to sit in it during muzzleloader in the NNE winds. The bucks are just starting to move.

am pretty sure we can use a bow during rifle or muzzle-loader season here. only thing is in rifle you have to where orange. i don't know many people who use a bow other then the bow season. (besides bears)

right now am getting prepared for trapping season. just set up some coon and coyote sets.

but does anyone think a cross bow with a small game head would be useful for dispatching animals with out hurting the fur?

Back
Top Bottom