Any artists out there?

Oil on linen, 4 x 2 feet, "This Is the Last Time", cloud shot from the roof of my house when I lived in South Dakota.

I spent 5 years making this. It's sitting on my wall needing to be varnished, as the paint is probably dry enough by now.

I really don't have any good pictures of it. It's hard to photograph

View attachment 3042228
Did you do this from a reference photo? I'm curious because I know how hard clouds are to paint (after many failures) :)

So shiny and pretty!
Oil on linen, 4 x 2 feet, "This Is the Last Time", cloud shot from the roof of my house when I lived in South Dakota.

I spent 5 years making this. It's sitting on my wall needing to be varnished, as the paint is probably dry enough by now.

I really don't have any good pictures of it. It's hard to photograph

View attachment 3042228
The depths and shadows are just incredible. Crystal clear.

I would often climb my house to reference source material from the roof. South Dakota has some of the most wonderful cloud scapes.

IMG_2886.jpg
IMG_0832.jpg
IMG_2863.jpg

@Amer , I need a good reference for a quail butt. My reference for body has the tail pushed down and covered by shrubs. You're the resident expert, any ideas?View attachment 3045719
Honestly can totally relate. They can be hard to photograph.
For chicken art I can sometimes cheese it without an exact pose reference (because I have just drawn so so many and have them engraved in my brain) but with humans if I don’t want it to be trashy I need a reference that has the exact perfect same pose.
I love how you got the quail pattern. The feathers have a volume and sheen I have never been able to achieve. Here are two pictures of my Praline, tbh none of the pics show an ideal 65° angle but I think it will help you get an idea of the tail spread.
3F74B5AA-A566-4D8D-8E8B-89B535DF6047.jpeg
696D510A-7550-4FF0-8700-23688F775757.jpeg
7C9C2DD0-51A4-4921-8831-C002B009B610.jpeg

Actually I think I might use one to make a portrait of her.

Back
Top Bottom