any cat breeders/experts? color question

Quote:
I found some pics of black smoke cats, and I'm pretty sure that is indeed what he is. Def not just black. Very unique looking.
I wish I could post a pic, but I can't figure out how to cut and paste the link with my phone.

When I have problems I email it to myself and download to an online file, then copy and paste the link.

I'm sick. Did that make sense?

I haven't read the entire post because we are about to leave for dinner, but from your first description it sounds like ghostmarkings which are striped. If he was a smoke he could not really be descibed as striped. Smoke is basically a gray undercoat on the entire cat. The whole coat has a light cast underneath it, not just in stripes.

Quote:
I found some pics of black smoke cats, and I'm pretty sure that is indeed what he is. Def not just black. Very unique looking.
I wish I could post a pic, but I can't figure out how to cut and paste the link with my phone.

When I have problems I email it to myself and download to an online file, then copy and paste the link.

I'm sick. Did that make sense?

Yes, but the prob is that my pc is corrupted and won't allow me to access my email. Its very frustrating.

Here's a black smoke w/white.

69933_mojo.jpg

a SMOKE is a white or light grey under coat overlayed with black or blue, it doesnt show like a tabby pattern would

all black cats are gentically a tabby, typicaly youll see the stripes when the sun hits just right...in some blacks though they are actually more a VERY VERY dark grey which allows the black of the tabby to shine through more prominantly than they would on a classic "black" cat.

ive always heard it refered to as "black tabby"

its just a VERY VERY dark tabby and can happen in a litter.

does he look something like this?!
Drizzlekit.jpg

(image from forestcatlife.webs.com)

as opposed to the cats in the pictures on this link
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=243x33457

hope that helps.

Quote:
I'm going to have to inspect him better in the morning (not going back to the barn tonight) . He looks more like the shorthaired smoke cat in the link to me, but I swear he has a pattern too. I do know thtlat black is basically a layered tabby, which is why I thought nothing of the color variation when he was very young. His brother is a normal black now, anf he was genetically the same color, I would expect him to be as well.

I am at a computer that I can post a pic! Whoo Hoo!
Ok, here's the mystery color kitten. His head is turned to the side so you can see his under coat.
94754_img_20111030_170706.jpg

Back
Top Bottom