Any chance they are still alive?

Great news! Been worried about them all day!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Oh and
welcome-byc.gif

omg this stressed me out so much bc i know how you feel. there wasn't a happy ending when mine went missing though!! you are so lucky! maybe you should just let them out when you are home. that is what i am going to do now. especially since my 1 remaining chicken just started laying.

I'm sorry to hear that Mistari. You have my sympathies.

Since that day, Godzilla and Mothra have been coming home faithfully. I built a coop and run, and wanted them to try it out yesterday morning, but forgot and put them out as I always do. Last night I got home and Mothra had already made it home but no Godzilla, and the two are never apart. I went searching my neighbor's yard with my high beams and found him(her?) on the other side of the fence about three feet off the ground in a bush, happy as a clam.

Today, they spent their first full day in the coop and run, and I was rewarded with my first egg, about the size of a golf ball.

They may yet show up, hungry, thirsty, and tired. I would suspect a coon for sure since one hit your neighbor's poultry stock. They will return to a successful site repeatedly. Just hearing about the coon would have prompted me to at least set a trap for him. (cheap bait is marshmallows)

You will nave no peace until you get serious about security for your birds. Letting them roam at will is eventually going to rear up and bite you on the behind.
hmm.png

So glad to see your chickens made it back! But I would like to remind folks to check the date of the thread before posting- these chickens got home 22 days ago!

It's really easy to go back through a series of posts and lose track of the post date.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom