Any dark brown egg BANTAM breeders in New England?

sianara

Songster
13 Years
Apr 27, 2007
Central MA
I'm looking for some dark brown egg breeds in bantam. Any New England breeders here?

Breeds I'm most interested in are Marans, Welsummer & Barnvelder but only in bantam size.

Last edited:
sorry, never heard of bantam except for the marans and only know of 1 breeder.......not in new england.....
I have never heard of bantam welsummer or barnevelders. Also, the barnevelders in the US don't lay that dark.....

eta- good luck in your search
smile.png

Last edited:
I have heard of a bantam welsummer breeder, just not in NE.

Haven't heard of the other two in NE either but I thought I might being pleasantly surprised if I posted an inquiry here. Fingers crossed...

BTW, who is the marans bantam breeder you know of? I've looked at several sites around the US but don't know of any breeders specifically.

Last edited:
The bantam breeder you are talking about l think they live in Florida or somewhere out in the East Coast. Once in a while there is a breeder on Eggbid or Ebay. The Welsummer Bantams were listed in Ebay last week and someone bid up to almost fifty dollars for SIX eggs. The eggs were light brown, not the terra cotta color of my Welsummers does.

Remember, those bantams do NOT lay dark brown eggs like their larger cousins.

I used to have Barnvelder Bantams, lovely as they look but they do not lay well and the egg color is light tint. Disappointing I am sure.

There is alot of work needs to be done to get the dark eggs out.

Ahh. I didn't realize the bantams eggs were so much lighter in color than the standard sized.

I can't remember his name but he is on the marans chicken club on Yahoo...

Back
Top Bottom