Any experience with returns & warranties with CC ONLY Coop manufacturers?

We got the CC-78-R2. I did get an e-mail today that said that model was shipped either last Friday or today. We'll see :)

I bought my coop from them just under a year ago. I did not receive a shipping confirmation and when I called the local shipping office found out that it had been there for several days. Since then I have had to cover the roof with plastic because it leaks everywhere and put supports under the nest boxes because the wood is so flimsy that it can't support the weight of the boxes hanging off the side. The roost that came with the coop were just above the floor and the chickens would sleep in the nest boxes because they were higher. I had to move the roosts up and the wood is too thin to be able to screw anything into. It is made out of balsa wood so it is really light weight and soft. I will try to make it last for another few months until I can do something more permanent. I guess I did get what I paid for!

Thanks for the update, I think :) Wish I wasn't so desparate to get these chickens out of the house I'd cancel this thing. This will teach me to buy something sight unseen!

The coop arrived yesterday and is all put together, just a few finishing touches. I was expecting the worst so I'm pleasantly surprised that it is sturdier than I expected. The girls go in tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

Glad you are pleased! Hope the girls like it. How exciting!
thumbsup.gif

It's been two weeks since they have been in the coop, so far they're doing great even with all this heat. Thanks to all for your interest and comments. Talk about a learning experience! :)

How has the coop been with the rain? That was my biggest problem. There were so many knots in the wood, and each knot had a hole, so that is where the majority of the water was leaking from. I too had to use a tarp to cover the entire coop when it rained. The company told me it was a common problem and an easy fix- I should just put wood putty to seal each hole. Seriously?
But, I hope that you have a better experience than I did.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom