Any fellow birdwatchers out there?

Eggscaping

Enjoying Life!
Premium member
Dec 4, 2018
Lakeside, Oregon
LOVELY. :love:love:love:love Golden Eagle? :D:D:D I don't spot any white that could indicate juvie Bald.

Black Phoebe, you say? :pop Any chances you could try to capture a picture for this fanatic? ;):love I'm completely, totally jealous. :lol:

And what a lovely turkey! We have entire flocks of them on our new piece of property. :love:love

~Alex
I will try to get a picture of him/her. He/she is in our yard every day, and has such a cute, jaunty tail flip as he (or she...yeah) flies around. He (assumed) sort of swoop-dives through the water in the bird bath. I'll watch for her (maybe) tomorrow! BTW, I love your description. I had owl finches once and DEARLY loved them...plus for a short time I raised canaries. We start our coop and run soon and are absolutely jonesing for chickens!

jnicholes

Crowing
Feb 16, 2017
Well, according to my friend on birdforum.net, it has a big bill and no golden nape, which is the back of the birds neck. He and another guy identified it as a Juvenile Bald Eagle.

Alexandra33

Chook Snuggler
Apr 3, 2015
Northwest Ohio - The Buckeye State!
I will try to get a picture of him/her. He/she is in our yard every day, and has such a cute, jaunty tail flip as he (or she...yeah) flies around. He (assumed) sort of swoop-dives through the water in the bird bath. I'll watch for her (maybe) tomorrow! BTW, I love your description. I had owl finches once and DEARLY loved them...plus for a short time I raised canaries. We start our coop and run soon and are absolutely jonesing for chickens!
Isn't that just precious? :love:love:love I absolutely love birdy antics, especially the animated sort. :)

Awww, thank you. :hugs Owl Finches are by far my favorite! :wee Maybe you should get back into them....;) Perhaps more canaries, too. :lol:
Well, according to my friend on birdforum.net, it has a big bill and no golden nape, which is the back of the birds neck. He and another guy identified it as a Juvenile Bald Eagle.
That makes sense. :) Obviously, these individuals know what they're looking for. :pop

Nice! I need to post on Bird Forum more. :D

~Alex

jnicholes

Crowing
Feb 16, 2017
I am in the process of making an American Kestrel nesting box, and joining the American Kestrel Partnership, to help the American Kestrel. I have a picture of two near my house somewhere. I just need to find it.

Jared

jnicholes

Crowing
Feb 16, 2017
How lucky for you! I don't think we can have kestrels where we are...too many crows, for one. That's a great picture...what's the male holding? Must be nesting material, hm? Sure doesn't look like a mouse or insect.
I have never been able to figure out what the male is holding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom